1,496 results
All reviews holland america line water taxi shipping line balcony room old days food factory historic hotel head office nespresso machine overlooking the river maas river cruise ship a wonderful stay fantastic hotel comfortable bed city centre nice view
Reviewed September 3, 2018

I’d eaten in the restaurant on previous visits to Rotterdam so when my husband and I decided to stay over for a couple of nights we thought the hotel would be somewhere different to stay. It was originally built in the early 1900s and retains a lot of it’s original features. And it didn’t disappoint. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the Loft which was a large room on the top floor (no lift access) with a garden terrace. It was superb and consisted of a large bedroom area, separated from a large lounge area. The view out the window was over the harbour and the room itself was surprisingly quiet. Coffee and chocolates were supplied. We had breakfast in the hotel both mornings, which although not cheap was very nice. The hotel is on an island but within 10 minutes walk of the city centre or a 5 minute water taxi ride away (about €3.50) which is great fun. A lovely, unique hotel with traditional character and great service.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in Rotterdam on a short cruise and discovered this hotel on the way back to the ship. We only went for lunchtime drinks but it was fantastic find. The staff were wonderful and the place was buzzing with atmosphere. If I was in Rotterdam again I’d be staying here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Upon arrival in Amsterdam for a cruise, with a few days to kill, we rented a car with the first item on the agenda to visit the windmills in nearby Kinderjiik. To avoid the insane bustle and expense of Amsterdam, we booked the historic New York Hotel in nearby Rotterdam. If you've read up on this place the history speaks for itself, so I won't go into it. However, repurposed as a hotel, the New York hits it out of the park! The ambiance of this place and what I'd call "Industrial Chic" decor in the theme of a turn-of-the-century passenger terminal really sets it apart. High ceilings in our room and views of the harbor were spectacular. We did not eat in the downstairs indoor restaurant, but the attached outside cafe on the wharf has essentially the same menu and was very good. Staff was super accommodating. An unseasonable heat wave had descended over the area at the time and the hotel's air conditioning was a welcome relief, and as we came to find, not a common feature of hotels in that part of Europe. Only downside: no free parking. About $20/night in garage next door.

Room Tip: Get the harbor view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Hotel New York is the place to meet a friend before boarding a cruise ship!! That’s what we did and it was very pleasant. The location is fantastic and the terrace is quite large. It is close to the cruise terminal. The staff was very patient and friendly with us as we were waiting for our friend to arrive. We had a few drinks and the “bitter garnituur” and it was good. It was again a very pleasant experience!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I booked the cheapest room, on the webside I already read there would be no nice view from the window so that wasn't a surprise. Room was big, with good bed, desk and comfortable chair. Big bathroom with bath and shower in the bath. Airco. Clean. Very friendly staff. Very good breakfast but a bit expensive (but I didn't need lunch...). Diner is okay but for the prices charged I expected a bit more, like an extra side dish. But it was tasty. Location is excellent, walking distance to city centre and touristic hot spots.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo