Book In Advance

from US$29.40
from US$29.40
from US$12.90
More Info
All reviews beautiful church old church second world war gothic architecture bronze doors entry fee rotterdam city organ restored erasmus landmark tower statue restoration religious markthal bombed
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

I visited here using my Rotterdam Welcome Card booklet, which gave me a 50% discount on the €3 entry fee, which includes the audio guide.
The Church is magnificent, especially when you realise that it was almost completely destroyed during the Second World War.
The audio guide is one of the best that I have used. Very interesting and informative, but also very quirky!
The guide is disguised as a "Bible"!
For the cost, it is worth it, even without the discount.
I personally would have paid €5-10 for the visit, as you could easily spend several hours going around.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

We passed this old church as we were walking from the market hall along the pedestrianised shopping streets towards the civic centre. The colourful crest above the clock on the tower caught my eye. We only viewed from outside but the surrounding area was very clean and well maintained, as are most places in The Netherlands

Reviewed July 14, 2017

This gothic style church is the only middle age monument that survived from the war. Nowadays it becomes a multifunctional place. Not only for services but also for concerts, symposium, workshop, party, exposition and other events, too. We couldn't get around inside the church as there was an event there.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

This old church survived the world war. It's surrounded with new, modern buildings. I saw the building only from the outside. In front of the church there was a small exhibition with some photographs who tells you the story of some albino kids in Africa. Nice to stop by for a moment.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Laurenskerk is one of the few remaining old gothic buildings in Rotterdam. Impressive exterior. Hard to miss as most of the surrounding buildings are relatively new.