1,017 results
All reviews blaak station rotterdam city quiet area cube houses free wifi market hall few minutes walk rooms are small quiet at night maritime museum triple room short break the hotel offers excellent location hotel bar comfortable room old harbour
Reviewed November 8, 2018

We are frequent visitors to Rotterdam as our son lives here but have never stayed at the Ibis before. The location was perfect minutes from Blaak station, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were of usual Ibis high standard. The only downside was there are no longer tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel due to its location which is within a few minutes' walk of Rottterdam town centre but far enough for it not to be noisy. The hotel itself did the job, as it was a base which ebabled us to do some sightseeing. The rooms were comfortable enough with air con and we had a nice view of the canal.

Some things did disappoint us though, such as the towels were very thin and we were only given one towel each plus one to stand on after showering. The room had no coffee or tea making facilities which we found unusual having stayed in many other hotels which all offer this. The toilet paper was very hard. The sink was never cleaned and we had some cups from the bar which were never taken away.

Finally, watch out for the city tax which gets added on to your bill - particularly if you book through Agoda who claim that you won't be charged for this. The staff member who checked us in had clearly come across this many times as she insisted we paid it and told us it is always the same with Agoda.

All in all, the hotel is fine overall - just don't expect anything fancy.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Chose this hotel for its close proximity to the Blaak station and the beautiful Markthal. It’s also walking distance to the Erasmusbrug bridge and the waterbus station. We stayed 3 nights. The size of the room didn’t bother us as long we could get good sleep quality , which we did. It’s a no frills hotel, it just provides you a room to shower and sleep in. Do not expect any other amenities like bottled water, toothbrush , boiling kettle etc. The room is absolutely bare. Overall our stay was ok except for not having bedroom slippers for a whole 3 nights which caused much inconvenience for a clean freak like me. I have never walked around any hotel rooms barefooted and I wasn’t going to do so there either, I only had pair of shoes (not the slip in kind) and it was very cumbersome getting in and out of my shoes when I wanted to use the toilet/walk in the room. I did ask politely if they do provide bedroom slippers and was given a blunt “NO we do not provide bedroom slippers” - the body language seemed to imply that I was asking too much in this no frills hotel and it was a huge turn off on our first day. Honestly speaking, she could have been more polite with her tone.

It was only that particular staff at the reception which we deemed “not too friendly” the rest of the staff we came across at the reception , the bar and the restaurant were very pleasant people.

Breakfast cost only 15 Euros and it was simple yet decent.

If I were to visit Rotterdam again I would still stay in this hotel , just gotta be prepared with the right expectations.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

This is the best Ibis I’ve stayed in, including the more upscale Ibis Styles brand. It is clean, comfortable and practical. The rooms was a decent size and, in particular, the shower cubicle was spacious.

The breakfast is outstanding with freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh bread, non-greasy scrambled eggs, Dutch cheese, fresh fruit.

The bar is good value and the bar staff are friendly (and funny).

For a hotel in this class, I don’t believe one could expect more, and that’s why I am giving it five out or five.

I will definitely come back to this hotel next time I’m in Rotterdam.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has very nice and clean rooms. Stayed with 2 friends and we got a room with wheelchair accessibility. Very spacious and clean. Hotel has good location, close to Rotterdam city centre. Overall good hotel and good value for money

Trip type: Travelled with friends