“Never, ever, seen anything as rude... Shame on you.”
Review of O'Pazzo

O'Pazzo
Reserve with
O'Pazzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 1,069 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Price range: US$12 - US$44
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdriehoek
Description: In the heart of Rotterdam an exeptional Italian restaurant with all its possibilities, purely to impress! Open 7 days in a week with traditional Neapolitan pizza's with a twist, surprising á la carte dishes, fresh pasta's, home-made ice-cream and 21 sorts of wine per glass available.For a quick bite out with your mates or to celebrate a special occasion with your colleagues a 5 courses dinner and wine arrangement. O'Pazzo seems to have all the answers to get good food and good people together.
Reviewed 18 March 2017

While staying in Rotterdam, we happend to pass O'Passo on the way back to our hotel, after being to Ahoy Arena for the short track skating WC, and we decided to go here (March 11th) for an early dinner, approx 5PM.
Entered the door, well dressed, and was blocked by one of the most rude person for ages...
" - What you want?"
" - Eh, how about somehing to eat? Preferably a nice dinner? Can we have a table for two?"
" -- You have reservation, no?"
" - No, just asking if you have a table for two, as you don't seem to be too crowded."
" - No reservation, no table, no food, go away, don't come back, shoo, shoo."
Well, as we were more than sober, and we were more than well dressed, and we were really hungry, we just said okej and went on to a proper restaurant.
Really, if you treat coming customers like this, you have huge problems with your staff.
I will for sure tell all my colleagues and all of our friends to stay away from this so called "Italian place", and so will my wife.
We've spent a lot of time in Italy, and we can for sure tell that if a restaurant staff would behave like that in Italy, that person would be unemployed within the hour.
Shame on you, O'Passo. And a big "shoo, shoo" to you, too.

3  Thank Hans55
Defne S, Eigenaar at O'Pazzo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Hans,

I am very suprised to hear about your devestating experience at the doors of my restaurant. I surely share your devestation and have a hard time understanding how such a thing could take place in such a way and use of language.
I select my stuff members personally. We are a team of 45 people and have 20 nationalities within us. I select them based on their social skills, passion for food and the level of their education places a big role in my selection. Surprisingly enough almost all of my stuff members are highly educated people speaking minimum of 3 languages and this language being used in your experience most certainly isn't one of them.
As we work very often with your choice of accommondation, Savoy Hotel we are able to receive feedback from the stuff of Savoy about guests experiences of us and I am proud to say that not once received a negative one until now. That is the very reason why Savoy sends almost all their guests to us to make sure that they have a pleasant lunch or dinner. I compeletely believe you with what you have experienced that day and very sad that O'Pazzo gave you this very unpleasant impression with your first step inside but I assure you that this can't be one of us. It is most likely to be a very nasty joke of someone who doesn't work here since at 17:00 o'clock we have our break and serve no food till 17:30, by a staff member who actually works here, would be so much easier to explain you this than sending you away with such words. We do not reserve tables here, we welcome people in without a reservation so the question of ''have you reserved'' also doesn't make sense. I am once again very sorry about your experience and would love to re welcome you whenever you are in the country again by a real staff member wearing an O'Pazzo smile. I hope you also believe me in my sincerity and try us again.
Best Regards,
Defne Stephenson

There are newer reviews for O'Pazzo

Reviewed 29 January 2017

The menu does not give you a lot of options and not originally Italian. The service is poor, but the food we ate was ok.

1  Thank stefanialuzzi88
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Ended up here by chance. Had dinner here together with a friend. The place is well decorated and has a nice, relaxed atmosphere. Staf is professional and friendly. They know what hospitality is about. The food and wine both were awesome. A place to remember and return some other time. Recommeded.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

We had lunch in an almost empty restaurant. Staff were not interested in the few guests. All in all below average experience and above average prices. - Opposite to an earlier experience I had in this restaurant a few years ago.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

They are not ready for this special needs yet. We ordered fried fish for a celiac person after the asiatic waitresses said us it was possibile have it in gluten free version. We received the meal and we started to eat it. But after few minutes, the same waitresses came back saying it wasn't gluten free. Too late. Very, very big mistake because celiac desease is a very serious illness and your behaviour
wasn't appropriate.