“Exactly what a business traveller needs”

Ibis Brussels Waterloo
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Waterloo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Like many business travellers I am under pressure to keep my expenses as low as possible, but I absolutely refuse to stay in horrible cheap hotels.

Ibis are excellent value hotels. I can't fault them. Their operating model is obviously based on keeping costs down, and they do this partly by having very little wasted space (i.e. space that isn't paid for directly by guests).

The Ibis Waterloo is no exception. For example, the bar is small, the lounge is more like a waiting room with a TV, and there isn't a gym or a swimming pool. But if you want those facilities, then you obviously have a bigger expense account than I do! However, the things that matter are done well: The beds are comfortable and warm. The TV is a brand new flat-screen and not the smallest model. The room is good-sized (mine had an extra bed) and the bathroom has an excellent shower with plenty of high-pressure water (no bath however). Everything is absolutely spotlessly clean. The wi-fi is free and fast.

The restaurant attached to the hotel is OK (breakfast is excellent, although a little pricey - 13.50€).

The service is excellent too. I couldn't work out how to turn on my TV (just me being dumb, really) - but within two minutes of a call to reception the attendant knocked on my door and showed me how to operate it. (It has BBC1 by the way - much better than the awful BBC World, in my opinion).

When I'm on holiday, I like a bit of pampering. Perhaps have a nice long bath, a cool swim, a walk along the beachfront. When I'm on business, I just want to get in, check my emails, have a bite to eat, have a hot shower, lay my head down and get some sleep. There's no question that I'll seek out this kind of hotel every time I'm on a business trip.

Room Tip: My room (412) had a street light right outside the window, and the curtains don't block out all...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Ibis Brussels Waterloo

An Accor traveller
Wolfsburg, Germany
Reviewed 13 February 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Hotel was acceptably clean and tidy. The room was small but not a problem as only staying one night (good free wifi connection) and the temperature was cool (I usually find hotel rooms too hot so this was good). The restaurant (independent) associated with the hotel offered efficient service and a reasonable standard of food. The only problem was noise - a low constant noise all night (presumably from the heating system?).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ChristinaB223
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The hotel is OK for most things. The room I stayed in was clean and the bed comfortable. The shower was good. And the breakfasts are good - but not included with the room .

However, I haven't had a good night's sleep yet - I have spent 2 nights with one to go. The main problem is one of sound - I can here sound from the surrounding rooms and in the corridor so have found it difficult to get to sleep and have been woken up earlier in the morning than I would have liked.

There is only limited number of TV stations available - though there were 2 BBC channels.

Also for the price >100Euro/night I would have extras such as tea making facilities and shampoo etc.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kent_Ben
Denis_Marchal, Directeur général at Ibis Brussels Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to write to us following your stay at Ibis Brussels Waterloo.

Unfortunately it happens that some customers are noisy and do not respect the peace of other guests. In this case you should not hesitate to contact the reception so that we do respect the quiet.

On the price if you book well in advance and via the website you will probably get lower rates.

Once again, we thank you and hope to win back your trust.

Kind Regards

Denis Marchal
manager ibis Brussels Waterloo

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I just checked in today so what follows are mostly my initial impressions.

Before I go into the pros, let's talk about the cons. There is almost no soundproofing between your room and hallway. You can hear every step anyone takes outside your door; and sometimes you hear a door open and you think it's your own door.

I figured that my room but have a bathtub, but it was just a shower in the bathroom.

I had left my power adapter in Amsterdam, so I went to the front desk to ask for one to borrow. Unfortunately, they did not have any in stock. When I ventured out into town on foot to try to find one to buy, none of the stores I went to had any.

With those minor complaints out of the way, I think this is a pretty decent place to stay if you need to be at Waterloo. The front desk is extremely nice (they speak English) and the breakfast is delicious. You can easily walk five minutes to a modest downtown area, where you can even get Belgian chocolates.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank CMarcet

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Brussels Waterloo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Regarding the plug adapter we had more during your stay but we have it again now.

Denis Marchal
manager ibis Brussels Waterloo

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I just spent 4. days at Ibis Waterloo. Service was exelence !
The rooms was clean, but perhaps a little too narrow. No problem if you are using the hotelroom for relaxation/sleep.
The staff was friendly an very helpfull. Great resturant and bar services as well.
If you`re not looking for a suite, I`ll recomend this hotel.
The only problem I can think of is bad insulasjon between the rooms.
On my next trip to Waterloo I will return to Ibis hotel. No doubt about it !

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ALajord
A TripAdvisor Member
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Hotel very ok for business trips. The air-conditioning wasn´t working properly and friendly staff did their best to help out.

Very good Chinese restaurant - PING - across from the Station - ca. 1,5 km from Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterloo
3.6 km away
11.5 km away
Ibis Styles Nivelles
Ibis Styles Nivelles
#1 of 2 in Nivelles

Been to Ibis Brussels Waterloo? Share your experiences!