All reviews overnight stop free wifi night stay bacon theme park separate toilet night's sleep spacious room business park lunch garden beans big bed hot breakfast disabled facilities pastries modern hotel both times
Reviewed July 12, 2018

The hotel as such is very well located and easily accessible. The rooms were good enough and restaruant functional. The hotel is bein converted to a Novotel and renovation was happening which was obvious. Although the renovation was not noisy it was not covered propoerly and was in plain sight.
The 4 star is for the FO and restaurant staff who were very friendly and approachable.
A pool is defnitely recommended if they are planning to do the total renovation

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Hotel Wavre Brussels East, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are so pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with family at Wavre Brussels East hotel.

We are indeed located in the center of Wavre, at walking distance of the famous amusement park Walibi.

Thank you for your compliments on the room, the restaurant, the food, and our service.

We take note of your comment.

We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Stayed in this hotel overnight for business. Comfortable enough IBIS hote with a large room. Bar service was a little slow, but food was good. Bit of a trek to the breakfast room the next morning, but once there it was all ok.

Stayed: February 2018
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Hotel Wavre Brussels East, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review.

We appreciate your positive feedback about your room's space and comfort.

As you pointed out, we enjoy a prominent location in the centre of Wavre, at walking distance of the famous amusement park Walibi.

Thanks for referring to our quality food. We take note of your remarks.

We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend as I had tickets booked for Walibi. I booked it on the basis there was a pool and games room or something for my son. As it stands the weather was fabulous but there was no where to sit out in the evening. The room was OK although powered milk yuck. I would go back only as its near Walibi and the receptionist was very helpful. It just had no amenities as advertised. I know it under refurb but it's still advertised with volleyball, games room and a pool.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Hotel Wavre Brussels East, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear Anna.

We thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback

We are delighted that you appreciated our location.

It's a pleasure to know that your room suited you.

We have taken note of your remarks and we regret you didn't find the milk to your liking.

We are sorry you were disappointed with our amenities.

As you mentioned, our establishment is under refurbishment that's why some amenities are actually closed. Please be aware that the renovation will be completed in December 2018.

We are happy that you received such a friendly and professional service.

We very much hope that we may have the pleasure of seeing you on a future occasion.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

I am currently staying at the hotel Wavre Brussels east ( Accor hotel ) and it is a disgrace, the hotel is under major renovation and this was not indicated at the time of booking.
Before I point out the shocking deficiencies I would like to commend the one lady who is keeping the temporary bar and restaurant served on her own (it is busy as there are other guests like myself).
To start with the rooms are not good, bathroom is not clean and is slightly smelly.
The draught beer advertised in the bar is not available as pump system is not working.
The restraunt menu is plesant however there is only one starter available and two main courses from the menu.
There are no toilet facilities available in the bar or restaurant and if you wish to go to the toilet you must return to your room.
The best of all is they asked for payment on check in, I now know why this is, there is no way I would pay on check out.
This is in the top 10 worst hotels I have ever stayed in, if they had made it clear at time of booking then I would not have a problem but I don't like deciet. Very disappointed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Pat O
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Hotel Wavre Brussels East, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear Pat,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that your current stay has not been pleasant so far, The reception will contact you to discuss the issues with and offer a possible solution. Rest assured, we are doing our best to maintain our hotel and that's why it is being renovated entirely.

As for the payment, It is a part of the procedure we follow and you will notice the same in most of the establishments.

Reviewed June 5, 2018

Business trip in Belgium, close to the place I had to visit. That's all about the advantages. Ok, it's being refurbished because Novotel chain took over, but: you need to pass in the courtyard outside from the room to go the bar (it was raining); poor quality at breakfast (at least in the 2 days I was there); food and beverages were not refilled. No operators/waiters to clean table and refill food. In the evening, we had to chase the barman to pay the bill (nobody showed up fro 15 minutes and we had to go!! Shall we go away without paying?). Rooms and bathrooms need renovation. We complained at the lobby and the lady at the desk replied: I am just the receptionist, I cannot help. I asked to get the pre-paid breakfast refunded because I had to take an early flight so breakfast opening time was not feasible for me; answer? No it's not possible. 135 €/night, 3 star, and poor service, and receive such answers? No thanks!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kadesh

Dear Kadesh,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies. Unfortunately, during your stay, the breakfast room was extremely busy as all the guests arrived at the same time. We tried our best to accommodate everyone's needs.

As for the breakfast quality, we assure you that we do not compromise in this area. Our both, warm and cold, buffet breakfast is served fresh with wide variety menu. We are currently following up the incident with the front desk. Our team members at every level are friendly and professional. They are well aware that our guests come first. We promise you such incidents will never occur.

We thank you for all your remarks, once again, and hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back for a better experience.