“Just do not go”

Cuisines: Belgian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2015 via mobile

They were not clear about prices, 38€ plate for 2 people, but then was 38€ each person.
Water and coke have price out of market !
Waiter very impolite.
Too be 100% honest I have to say that the taste of fish was good, but I pay like I was in a luxury restaurant when is a really basic one.

Reviewed July 14, 2015 via mobile

Had some lunch here at the weekend, there was a choice of meal and either a small beer or wine for €10. We opted for salmon and it was lovely.. There's free wifi here also available and it is situated down a cobbled side street not far from the central place.

Reviewed July 1, 2015

They stand in the street and draw you in. Hopefully you will read some reviews before you eat here. Food is marginal at best. We wish we had read reviews before we let ourselves get charmed and drawn in. If all other restaurants are closed, find the grocery store- that would be better than this place.

Reviewed February 5, 2015

If you are able to invite you in these restaurants, you read well and ask what the dish and whether the price is fair. Staff they questioned quite detailed personal questions, but if you decline to answer, they leave.
Accidentally we decided to ask for menus in different languages, and noticed different prices on the same dish in 2 menus. WATCH prices ... haha
We avoid the trap 2, we chose a set menu for € 18 - per person - a glass of wine, appetizer and main course. At this point, they lost interest in us and left us. They bring you bread with butter and had no problem when we asked for more they gave us / we did not pay them /. Shrimp were well cooked, but with scales, can be left tail and head for refined look, but ...
My friend ordered paella, according to my criterion for food - rice was overcooked, but it and liked / obviously we were very hungry /.
Food average, only small breads were wonderful.
Advice - read reviews and find out where you eat ...
Staff is polite compulsive - ignore, otherwise you will fall into their trap.

Reviewed September 6, 2014

Absolutely the worst dining experience I have ever had. Chances are you will find this review too late to be of any use, as was our experience.

After being out and about all day, we were very hungry and needed to eat. We hadn't done our research for a place to eat, as is our normal custom. We knew there was this alley full of restaurants, and while we knew the food wouldn't be anything too special, we figured for the prices on the "fixed price" menus and the inclusion of a free first drink, we couldn't go wrong. Oh boy were we wrong there! Personally I think the entire area should be avoided. I hate being stopped on the road and have someone try and convince me to go into their restaurant.

Anyways. We get inside, and the "free first drink of your choice" is brought out to you, no choice involved. Honestly, it was probably the best part of the meal. They bring the menu, and there's no sight of the fixed price menus advertised outside.

We ordered a shrimp appetizer to share, being told it was 8 shrimp. When it comes, we got two plates of 5 and were charged for two appetizers. For our mains we both ordered steak. At 24 Euro we figured we were getting ripped off but at least it should be good.

Our rare steaks came very well done, I ate mine as I used to eat my steaks this way all the time, but my fiancé had to send hers back. When it finally came back, it was again not edible, this time it was slightly seared on the outside, and very cold on the inside. A "chef" at any restaurant should know different ways to cook steak and that rare does not mean bleu. We had to ask them to take it off the bill, to which they originally said no, but we complained some more and they at least did that much.

The menu says that the steak came with fries, salad and vegetables. So you could understand our assuming this meant they were included in the 24 Euro cost. Nope, each dish charged individually, around 8-12 Euro each, and nothing was of any good quality; mushy frozen vegetables, fries that seemed like store bought frozen fries, and while the salad was fine, it definitely should not have cost 8 euro!

The service was terribly slow as well, which we later found out was so they could keep as many seats filled as possible to make it look like a popular place. I've never felt so taken advantage of as I did at this place! I don't know if any of the places on the street were any better, but I would never return to this area again!

Every time I saw new people being lured in I wanted to shout out the window to run far, far away, I did not do this, but I hope that by reviewing it here, I may save someone from this horrible experience. We wasted 115 Euro on the worst meal either of us had at a restaurant. That's $170 that could have been much better spent, I beg you, please don't make this mistake!

3  Thank gls87