“Great local restaurant with amazing burgers”
Review of Houtsiplou

Houtsiplou
Ranked #105 of 3,960 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2017

We were recommended this by our tour guide and were delighted to find that it was near our hotel. We hard the Carbonade and the entrecote both of which were generous portions and great food. The service was superb - surprising given how busy it was.

1  Thank becky248
Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

I don't often go to Brussels, even though I am Belgian. I would say that I go four or five times a year. But whenever I go, and especially if it is to meet friends, I try to eat at Houtsiplou, a place where I can eat authentic and delicious Belgian food. Believe me, I have never been disappointed. On a warm day, it is especially enjoyable to eat outside. Enjoy!

2  Thank Steeve P
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We had «breakfast» one coffee and "chocolat au lait" that was basically milk with 6 chocolate nuggets that you had to mix yourself. They had no more "pain au chocolat" so we had one old croissant. Service is slow and this place is seriously overrated (and expensive). They're also «veggie friendly» and all the day suggestions contain meat. Last but not least: who stills using Comic Sans?

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a lovely dinner here tonight! The mussels and the pasta dishes were super! This is restaurant is small and comfortable with good food and wine.
It seemed welcoming for families, couples and singles. The menu is varied enough to offer something for everyone.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Fish and chips were lively. Comes with a small salad. Can't remember what the house cocktail is called, but it's delicious. Friendly waitstaff. Boyfriend's steak was yummy.