“Certainly one of the best quality/price ratio in the city”

Le Wine Bar des Marolles
Ranked #10 of 3,926 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$30 - US$70
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The classement today of the restaurant is 8 in the section Tea and coffee but we are a real restaurant (bistronomie) with 600 different kind of wines kind regards
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I am not used to write online reviews but at some point I guess you have to... We have lived in downtown Brussels for years now. And this restaurant (it is actually not a wine bar in the traditional sense of the word) is certainly among the best in the city. Quality products, excellent service (!), evolving menu, friendly atmosphere - we enjoy it each time and have never been disappointed (and very honestly, we go there quite often... And we went there again yesterday as it is open on Sunday evening - which is great). The week-end lunch is simply a killer: you simply won't find better quality at a lesser price in the streets of Brussels (and if you do please leave a comment here under :-) ). In the evening, this is somewhat more expansive but still remains truly reasonable considering the level of quality proposed by the restaurant. Slightly revisited traditional French cuisine is perfect here. Vincent, the owner, has worked for a two-star restaurant in Belgium for years. And you feel it in the passionate attention to detail and focus on every aspect of what a nice and quality meal is supposed to be about. Yet the atmosphere is relaxed and there is no fuss here. An absolute pleasure.

2  Thank Garoumaon

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Make reservations! It is a busy place!

Very nice and cosy setting with a solid food menu. Not the lightest of cooking but it is consistently good (been there 4-5 times).

Wines are reasonably priced.

A perfect place for lunch after the market or strolling through the antique stores.

Thank Otto Henrik Kle... N
Reviewed September 22, 2017

I agree that this is an excellent restaurant and although expensive also worth the price. Service was very very good. But still, somehow I do not understand that it is this high in this list.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

And what more are you looking for? The restaurant is not too big and not too small with a warm, cozy interior. The menu, explained by friendly staff, offers the right amount of choice. The wait was not too long, The food was delicious. Afterwards we were treated on a free dessert wine & meringue. Small thing: crème brûlée was not warm enough. All in all though a great experience!

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

we went there after for lunch!From the first moment we felt like we had gone in the army. "please put your coat there,not this table,this is the menu...I felt that I couldn't breath. So so much "comands" so much snob style. Service very nice and smily.The food was good enough...we had better in our lives!! I really dont have something against snob style and ..."army"system but does help me to feel welcome and relax. Thanks got I enjoyed the warm welcome from the service boy and girl...even I noticed that somebody was watching them all the time. Cool guys!!Cool!!

2  Thank annamaria L