“freshest seafood in Brussels!!”
Review of La Maree

La Maree
Ranked #67 of 4,021 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2018

worth the trip to this out of way small establishment. reservations are a must - they fill very quickly. wonderful mussels, shrimp, skate and cod.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Wow wow, I have to say this is the best restaurant in Brussels without a shadow of a doubt and I ate in rather a lot of places!
I booked via the trip advisor app on the spur of the moment as we overslept and it was getting late, we took a nice stroll and arrived at the restaurant 50 minutes before my reservation, I went in anyway on the offchance they had a table and they were more than happy to fit us in early. We were greeted by all the staff and were promptly given menus. We ordered lots as we wanted to try a bit of everything and I have to safe the food was amazing, every single dish had ita own unique flavour. Our mains skate and sole were cooked to absolute perfection. The chef (who is the owner aswell) came out to see if we were enjoying the food which was a lovely touch and made the whole experience feel more personal. The restaurant its self has a nice traditional/romantic feel to it with little tables perfect for two (but can be put together to cater for larger groups), there is seating both inside and out. Overall the entire place including the toilets are very clean also I would to add that you can see into the kitchen which is nice but also how impressively clean it is considering how busy they are. I would come back to Brussels again just to go to LA Maree, that's how good it is.
There is nothing for me to fault about this restaurant, the ambiance, the staff and the food are all 10/10.

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

I’ve only given out 1 or 2 five-star ratings, but I was sorely tempted one this one. The chef (wife of manager) run the very small kitchen like a general whose troops are well-trained and accustomed to winning all their battles. I had the excellent skate, and my husband had the incomparable mussels.

This little place was well-decorated and clean. The tables were cramped, and the manager moved us to a small table along the edge of the wall so he could seat other diners as soon as we were finished. Would have preferred to linger a bit, but We understood the need to feed as many diners as they could.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Recommended by a local at Cafe Merlo. The food is fantastic and service excellent. Not cheap but worth it. Must book to avoid disappointment. Usually two sittings. And after, go back to Flemish bar Cafe Merlot..

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner with international group of friends and they loved the mussels. Thy offer a great selection of fish and it is located in downtown. The food was very good and both waiters were very friendly. It was no a problem at all to pay the bill individually, in some restaurants this can be an issue. Make reservations if you like to come on Friday or Saturday evening!