“Nice place, good food and fast service”
Review of Mam Mam

Mam Mam
Ranked #158 of 4,096 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Situated near to the even Anspach, it is really located in the middle of Brussels. I would describe the place as a quite small Asian restaurant, mainly Thai and Vietnamese dishes. The decoration is modern. When nice weather they have a couple of tables outside in the street. The Restaurant proposes a daily menu, a suggestion. I went several times and all the dishes are delicious, still quite authentic and tasting near to the food you eat in Asia. The portions are quite big for 1 person. They also serve different types of Asian beers. The service is fast, so very convenient for a business lunch on a weekday or just a quick meal. The owners are nice and extremely friendly. If you like real Asian food, this place is recommended.

1  Thank 996stijns

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

I knew this place a few years back and after some work on the restaurante we decided to hit it.

Food is pretty good (noodles!)and prices are decent. Definitively a must.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 1, 2017

We walked in for quick bite and did fall for the ratings. Tacky lights glowing everywhere. The woman seated us and asked if we would like regular or bottled water. We said regular and still were given a bottle and charged 4.50 euros. I had vegetarian noodles. They hardly had any vegetables except for one broccoli floret (fading and yellow) and 2-3 cauliflower florets. The smell of the preparation wasn't appetizing. The carrot juliennes were limp and stale. The cook across the counter and other staff looked frustrated and sad. My husband asked for a green curry with rice. We eat Thai food often and this was the worst he has had. No going back for sure. I don't know how are they being rated as high as they are. They try and show as if they have a language challenge. It is more of a not wanting to be responsive to customers. We paid 40-45 euros for these two dishes, water and a glass of hoe garden. Never again.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I ordered some pad Thai food with chicken during a lunch break in the office. Normal taste, good meat. I recommend it for quick meals.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

We may have visited the place on the wrong day. The staff seemed indifferent and couldn't have cared less. It took over 15 minutes for them to acknowledge our presence (there were two of us). Getting the drinks took another full ten minutes. The food arrived another full twenty minutes later. Taste was average. I recall thinking that supermarket ready Thai meals might taste better. The rice to go with our curries was cold and lumpy. The restaurant has been closed for several weeks and has recently reopened. Either they try harder or it won't be worth the trouble of getting there.
Another visit could correct the negativity felt on the first try.

Date of visit: April 2017