2,679 results
All reviews rocco forte the grand place concierge staff perfect location great hotel turn down service luxury hotel the main square deluxe room hotel restaurant manneken pis the heart of the city central brussels comfortable rooms breakfast was included visiting brussels amigos
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

This hotels name does not sound like it is gonna be much cop. But please ignore the name As we found out on arrival it is named after the street it is on. This hotel is 5 star. Our stay was a last min booking as we wanted to see the U2 band on there 2017 tour but had missed their UK show. We looked up trip adviser reviews and booked it. We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The rooms are beautiful and we had a great view from the large window.
The position of the hotel could not be better. It is situated right in the heart of this beautiful city. The city centre was buzzing night and day and as we wondered round we found some nice little bars and a great little Chinese restaurant. Their are many things to see and do in Brussels all within a 5 min walk of the hotel. The room service was great. The hotel restaurant was wonderful and well priced. The concierge were very very helpful in organising cars for us. When we return in the future to this city we will be staying at this wonderful hotel. 5 star.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KarelLemmens, Quality Coordinator at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Dear tom c,

Thank you for your feedback after your stay at our historical hotel.

After reading your compliments about our different services, our comfortable rooms and the attentiveness of all our Team Members, we sincerely hope that we may welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2018

This lovely hotel right in the heart of Brussels was lovely and I would go back in a second. The bed was fantastic - the bathroom was large and lovely and the service was some of the best in Europe. The restaurant was phenomenal - I highly recommend this hotel if you want a hotel that is not only 5 star but right in the heart of Brussels.

Room tip: We had a lovely room near the elevator
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
KarelLemmens, Quality Coordinator at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Dear campmom22,

Thank you for your kind words on our TripAdvisor page.

I am very pleased to read that found our service to be top-notch and you enjoyed our luxurious bedding and marble bathrooms. Thank you once more for your valuable feedback.

We truly hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

We book this hotel always when we are in Brussels over the last 5 years.
Never had any complains. When you arrive the Portiers welcome you at the door with open arms and give you the feeling of coming home.
Disappointed was the welcome at the reception, ok welcome back we upgrade your room to a suite... they didn’t. I always book a suite and know every one of them. So I told the receptionist it was not an upgrade I booked already a suite. I was wrong she said, she gave me a classical suite. Why fool a guest who comes so often? Just say, I’m sorry not possible we are fully booked. It is not that I was angry about not getting an upgrade but about that the receptionist pretended I was a fool.
Then we had dinner in the restaurant from the hotel. They don’t know anymore how they have to serve their guests. They reach you your plate and glass and don’t know from which side they have to take your plate away.
Then the bar service very very poor. They give you your glass in your hand so you can put it down your self and forget constant things.
No sugar by your coffee, not all together your drink but served in parts. Dirty glasses and cutlery. Look, The hotel is situated in the best area from Brussels and was always 5 star worthy and of course you pay a price for that and that is ok.
But when the price is high and you get poor poor service then I will stay away and will find me a better hotel. A pitty really, my family and I we always enjoyed staying at the Amigo Hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank claudiabrugman
KarelLemmens, Quality & Training Coordinator at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Dear claudiabrugman,

Having received your comments on our TripAdvisor page, I write to say how much we regret that you are disappointed following your recent stay.

Please allow me to respond and share with you that we genuinely wish for each and every guest to enjoy their stay with us. Having fallen short of providing you with such experience, is upsetting to us all.

With all the best intentions, our Front of House colleagues upgraded your accommodation from the booked Junior Suite to a Classic Suite. I much regret that this complimentary upgrade was not clearly communicated and that the Classic Suite was not entirely up to your expectations.

I apologise for the inconvenience you may have experienced during your dining- and bar experience. I would like to assure you that your feedback has been addressed immediately.

Claudiabrugman, it is unfortunate that we did not have the occasion to meet during your stay and should you be able to provide us with any further information, I would most appreciated if you would allow me to contact you directly.

For now, may I express my sincere regret for any situation that made your stay short from satisfactory. I can only hope that we may have the chance to regain your confidence in Hotel Amigo in the near future. On such occasion, please do contact me directly to personally make your arrangements.

Yours sincerely,

Quality & Training Coordinator
klemmens@roccofortehotels.com
+32 25 47 47 47

Reviewed February 1, 2018

This hotel is exceptional. We stayed recently for 4 nights. The location is perfect (1 min walk to Grand Place), the hotel is beautiful, clean, and the staff were very impressive. Perfect stay, we shall be returning to this hotel next time we are in Brussels.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KarelLemmens, other at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Dear 132kymm,

What a pleasure to read your lovely words about your recent 4 night stay.

I am most pleased to read that you enjoyed our carefully selected decoration and furnishings, the friendliness and dedication of our Team Members and our convenient location, next to the beautiful Brussels Grand' Place.

We truly hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon; à bientôt!

Reviewed January 25, 2018

Very pretty and quiet rooms, comfortable beds. Great location.

Excellent service. After day one people knew my name. The lady at the front desk showed great flexibility even for complicated requests.

Will always come back there when in Brussels.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
KarelLemmens, other at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2018

Dear Goldfish86,

What a pleasure to read your warm words on our TripAdvisor page.

I am thrilled to read that all Team Members were able to welcome you in the very best way.

We truly hope that we may welcome you back soon. A bientôt!