See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The owner of this guesthouse is a kind old man who will talk your ear off and charm you with his eccentricity. The rooms are decent, clean and comfortable to stay in. We had a suite and I stayed on the pull out sofa --it was horrible. Don't try to get any sleep on the pull out sofa because it's lumpy, slants downward and there's a bar in your back. I got better sleep by folding it back up and just laying on the sofa itself. The bed in the other room is perfectly comfortable though.

The restaurant downstairs is delightful and delicious. I recommend eating lunch or dinner there while you stay at the guesthouse.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nm_roadrunner
Reviewed February 10, 2014

A colleague and I stayed here for 1 night while in Brussels. I felt like I had found a long lost relative. This was great. Perhaps they had only 4 rooms and you may have to climb a steep spiral staircase to your room, but it is worth the effort. When I informed the owner that I needed to move my car, he moved his and let me use his parking space for the night.

This is mostly a cozy restaurant with rooms available. We decided to stay and eat. What a nice experience. We followed the recommendation of the owner and were very pleased. We both ordered the sole but he returned and informed us they only had enough for 1 and suggested monk fish. Both were excellent and we shared. I can't say enough about how well we were treated and would highly recommend this quaint B&B in the heart of Brussels.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed December 30, 2013

• Location: Good Location
• Check in: Fast.
• Bed: Very comfortable.
• Bathroom: Clean with a nice shower
• Staff: Very friendly and helpful. The owner of the property is very kind, full of good stories
• Breakfast: Good.
• Price: 150 euros per night for 04 guests in the same room.
• General opinion of the hotel: We loved the room and the service. If you stay there make sure you also have a meal there, the food is very tasty.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Well here it is. The little continental cafe / accommodation of everyone's imagination. Painted the delicious fading red that promises a warm welcome on a cold winter's day.And tucked away on a quiet little back street corner despite the busy city roads close by. Family owned and run the Downtown Residence at Place du Samedi has been in business almost a decade now and wins new friends every day. Downstairs is the cosy restaurant with excellent food and wines. Upstairs the rooms are more like suites - excellently modernised and appointed. Note that the central wooden spiral staircase ( this is a historic building after all ) is something of a challenge to the less than nimble of foot - but after that it's all go. Breakfast offers a wide and appetising choice of fresh fruit, breads and croissants plus cheese, hams and is more than ample. And with evening meals both prix fixed and a' la carte the restaurant is popular with visitors and locals alike. Then step outside and you're literally five minutes from the Bourse right at the centre of Brussels.The Metro is even closer. The Grand Place is about seven minutes stroll. And the St Katherine's Christmas market starts at the end of the street. It all adds up to an incredible location for a city break. For the Mannekin Pis in his Christmas gear allow a little longer - he's tiny and a good twelve minutes away! BE WARNED HOWEVER - Make sure it's the Place du Samedi when booking DOWNTOWN. As others have reported it's all too easy to be diverted at the booking stage to another venue of almost the same name. The staff and owner of the original are aware of the situation but we found some confusion over the booking. Be very careful.

Room Tip: We had two rooms - bedroom and lounge. Plus a separate bathroom. More than enough room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bleriot
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am sure the REAL Downtown Residence at Place du Samedi 15 is good. BUT I tried to book it using the Booking.Com button via TripAdvisor (as above) and ended up staying at ANOTHER DOWNTOWN RESIDENCE at 10 Rue de Laeken. SO I WAS CONNED. The other one is not very clean and it was very difficult to sleep at night due to traffic and street noise. SO DON'T BOOK THIS APARTMENT via TRIPADVISOR OR BOOKING.COM OR YOU TOO MAY BE TRICKED.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple