“Very good food, nice atmospher ==> my recommendation”
Review of La Buvette

La Buvette
Reserve with
La Buvette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 4,024 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2017

We had a super evening at la Buvette.
The concept: you go there to eat, but you have only one choice. The chef presents you with the menu and you can choose the 6 or the 9-course menu. You can also choose a vegetarian option and add cheese (so ok - it is more complex).

Then you choose the wine (which I found a bit disappointing, as I could not find a grape that I would have preferred and the one we chose following the recommendation of the Chef did not deliver - so I reduce my rating by one point as I think wine and food go together).

So - we chose the 6-course menu and it was nothing but delicious. It is also absolutely sufficient to be satisfied - I could not have eaten more.

Reviewed July 13, 2017

I noted only 2 reviewers used the word "vegetarian"in their reviews. This is surprising because when I looked at the set menu of 9 courses, only 1 course had meat included and one had deal included. Yet the menu stated explicitly that they are open to amend for vegetarians. So without any fuzz, the restaurant served us a 9 course delicious and creative vegetarian meal. I will be back.

1  Thank Maximu5
Reviewed June 29, 2017

The night before going to "La Buvette" we went to "Le monde est petit", which unlike "La Buvette" had a Michelin star. Funny enough the experiences we had in the 2 restaurants were poxlarisingly different and if anyone deserved the Michelin star it was "La Buvette"! As it was there that we got a fantastic gastronomic experience thanks to the interesting flavour combinations, perfect execution and overall well-balanced menu. It was a remarkable experience and I will definitely recommend this place to my friends who will plan to visit Brussels!

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Can highly recommend. Choice of two degustation menus, one with less courses, one with more courses. Service was very good, helpful and friendly, and gently attentive. If you go here, be prepared to settle in for a few hours, sit back and enjoy.

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful dinner we had at La Buvette! We opted for a full menu (10 plates), and while some dishes were stronger than others, it was a very berry tasty experience. Beautiful between Japanese (mostly) and European flavours. I'm not much into desserts (usually I don't order any), but the desserts at La Buvette blew me away. Wonderfully composed, not sweet at all letting the ingredients shine. Perfection.
The service was warm and professional and although we were seated downstairs (that has a reputation of being less cosy), we had a great night. Can't wait to be back.