Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
Free cancellation until 21-05-23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Official Site
SAVE US$24
Hotels.comUS$91
Expedia.comUS$91
Trip.comUS$97
All reviews adjoining rooms reception staff comfortable bed recommend this hotel minute walk station
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2021

Coming in to the hotel i had high expectations! As per usual we booked a suite... So i was really excited to get to the room. But it was not at all what i thought. Stuffy and old the same look as the reception and the hallway. There was some damaging at the wooden doors, desk, ... The sitting area and bedroom are very small. The toilet paper holder is crooked. This is a little detail that can easily be corrected, especially in a more expensive room... The suite has a weird vibe to it... I wouldn't stay in it by myself.

The basket of fruit, the balcony and the receptionists were nice.

Would we book here again? No :-)

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed February 26, 2020

My colleague and I both arrived early in the day, hoping to find a place to work if rooms were not yet ready. We were pleasantly surprised to find a) that our rooms were ready and b) they were next door to each other. This enabled us to get busy in comfortaböe surroundings. My room was functional, quite stylish and with a very comfortable bed. The shower was just a trickle, unfortunately, which was a bit disappointing. Didn't have the (v. expensive) breakfast, so can't comment on that. Reception staff were competent & friendly. I would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Ph_Delissus, General Manager at Hotel Barsey by Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2020

Dear M. happy-reise,

Thank you for your staying at the Barsey by Warwick hotel during your last visit in Brussels and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We were overwhelmed to read about your appreciation of the hotel, and the overall services. It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed the quality of our rooms and we were most pleased to learn that we were able to provide a quality of service beyond your expectations for an early arrival.

However, we do regret reading your comments concerning the shower, please be informed that your remarks are shared among our departments and actions will be taken.

Thank you again for your nice comments and it will be with our greatest pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel.

Reviewed February 17, 2020

The room we booked (King's Room) was a big disappointment.

- the wooden bureau was damaged
- dirt stains on the carpet
- mold and brown spots on the tiles of the shower, very unhygienic
- dry paint coming off the walls in the bedroom
- brown liquid spots next to the airconditioning
- the water of the bathroom doesn't get very warm, impossible to take a bath
- no bites at the bar, very limited room service, no drinks in the mini bar, no doorman to help with your bags

Frankly, everything was old and badly taken care of. I regret I didn't check TripAdvisor before booking this hotel. The only positive point was the kindness of the receptionists.

I will most likely not be coming back. Not worth the money.

Date of stay: February 2020
C_Charbonnier, General Manager at Hotel Barsey by Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2020

Dear Madam,

Thank you for staying at the Barsey by Warwick hotel during your last visit in Brussels and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is with deep regret that we have read about your disappointment regarding the room you stayed in. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for coming short of your expectations.

We highly value your comments and have passed on your remarks regarding the furniture’s and cleanliness to the services concerned and will continue our checks to make sure that the quality of cleanliness and comfort in all our rooms is a priority and we assure you that this is an isolated incident.

For your information, a program of renovation including all our bathrooms is about to be conducted this year. It will radically change our bedrooms’ comfort.

Thank you for ending your comment with these kind words about our reception staff.

Should you reconsider staying with us the next time you visit Brussels, please note that a special treatment will be reserved, with upgrade in one of our nicest suite with breakfast offered.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Reviewed February 5, 2020 via mobile

This hotel is OK as a business hotel. I would not recommend it for a tourist visit.

The location is next to a light rail stop. Other than that, the location seems to have nothing to recommend it. (This was my first visit to Brussels, and the hotel was booked by my business, so I don’t know why the location was chosen and I would not choose it again.) It is about a 10-15 minute light rail ride from the city center. There are almost no restaurants or shops within easy walking distance. One night I had to buy dinner from the convenience grocery on the corner because there were no restaurants open within a 10 minute walk. Plus it was raining, which I understand is typical. So bring snacks or good rain gear if you want to eat!

The housekeeping was not great. My bathtub was not cleaned after the first night and contained dirt and hairs — I hope they were mine!

Shower water pressure was non-existent on the morning I left. I was unable to shower, which is fairly troubling before embarking on a long plane trip. So, in case you are keeping score, shower: non-functional; bathtub: dirty; hello, towel bath!

Elevator was very slow. One was broken (notice said: three weeks “for your convenience”) and there were only two. I recommend staying on a lower floor so you have a chance of walking up.

Walls were thin so I was kept awake by loud neighbor guests.

Wall outlets were few and had no universal adapters for international travelers.

Free WiFi was good.

Receptionist did not provide useful advice about local travel when I asked. I can only guess this hotel doesn’t serve many tourists, only business travelers. If you stay here, you will need to use the light rail to get most places, so buy yourself a ticket, and good luck using those machines! (I found the locals very friendly and helpful in this regard.)

Restaurant food was OK with a limited menu, and service was good.

No hair conditioner in the room so bring your own!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ichiji
C_Charbonnier, General Manager at Hotel Barsey by Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2020

Dear Ichiji,

Thank you for staying at the Barsey by Warwick Hotel and for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are very valuable to us in order to improve the quality of our services.

We regret to read that our establishment did not meet your expectations, its location is certainly less central but is still accessible in 10 minutes by tram from the heart of Brussels, the stop being just in front of the hotel and we receive as many customers for tourist stays as for business.

We are sorry that you were unable to eat during your stay. Our hotel has its own restaurant and when it is closed for Sunday and Saturday lunch, a room service menu is available in your room 24 hours a day. Our reception service could also have directed you to other possibilities in a real proximity.

We have passed on your remarks regarding water pressure and cleanliness to the services concerned and will continue our checks to confirm that the quality of cleanliness and comfort in all our rooms is a priority and we assure you that this is an isolated incident.

Our elevators are currently undergoing a program of modernization and compliance, one of them was actually undergoing work during your stay, the other elevator remained available to our customers, specific information is well accessible on each floor as well as in reception.

We really appreciate that your comment ends on a positive note, for example, the hotel restaurant and the service, as well as our free Wifi connection which works perfectly well.

Once again, thank you for the time you have spent sharing your experience and we sincerely hope to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit to Brussels.

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

I have been to this hotel many times, both professionally and on a family level, and although there are some times things that are wrong with the rooms, faucets not working properly, or a tired light appliance, I just want to point out how nice the staff are. My parents who are elderly people, were not well during the last stay, and they were so nice and helpful to us. The area is very central, Ixelles, and good for reaching any point in Brussels, the breakfast is very nice. You can ask for adjoining rooms if you are with your family.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank HotelDreams
C_Charbonnier, General Manager at Hotel Barsey by Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Barsey by Warwick hotel and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read your positive feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We were most pleased to learn that our staff were able to provide some sort of assistance with your parents ‘situation.

On the hotel’s side, your nice recommendation for the hotel’s services, about its location or the breakfast, was a great source of fulfillment.
However, we do regret reading your comments concerning some lesser pretty aspects, please be informed that your remarks are shared among our departments and actions will be taken.

Thank you again for your appreciation and it will be with our greatest pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel.