1,571 results
All reviews city centre nice hotel tram stop shopping area junior suite single room public transport the grand place short stay min walk yogurt louise minibar charleroi supermarket cons brussel
Reviewed April 14, 2017

I dont recommend this hotel at all. It was a nightmare!!
We arrived on monday at 00:30 because our train was late. We were a group of approx. 30 people. After we checked in we went into the lift and pushed the button to get to our floor. We were 4 people in the lift and we had our luggage with us. We were tired and exhausted. So the lift went up to our floor but didnt open!! So we pushed the button to get back to the first floor. When we arrived the lift still didnt open! We slightly panicked so we pushed the emergency button. No one answered. We pushed it again and again but still nothing. I started to panic because we couldnt get out of that lift! and it was so small. I thought i couldnt breathe. Someone pushed the button from the outside and thats when the doors opened. I was shocked! Someone came and told us we have to use our doorcard first and then push the button for our floor. Why didnt they tell us BEFORE we went in there??
Rooms were okay but the temperature in our room was nearly like hell. it was way too hot because heating was on, in april!. The air condition didnt work properly and the windows couldnt be open whole just on tilt as we were on floor 4. Lighting wasnt good at all. Floor was partly chipped off and under the bed was so much dust. I couldnt believe my eyes. In the bathroom was no toilet brush and the shower was a little difficult to get in as we had a bath tub with something like half a door of glass. Wifi didnt work properly. Breakfast was okay, but also not 4 stars. We were asked if we're germans and when we said yes we were sent to an adjoining room (?). But the worst was yet to come. On day three we were woken up by the cleaning lady who slammed her doorcard on every door on the floor. When she came to us we told her she can come later. Then we went down to eat breakfast at 8:20. When we finished we got back lke 20 minutes later. We packed our things and drove into the city. We did some shopping and when i wanted to pay i noticed my whole money was gone!!! and my roommates too! The only person who had the key to our room was the cleaning lady! We called the hotel immediately and they told us they would talk to her. Later they said they talked to her but she doesnt know anything and they said they would trust their staff. When we talked to the manager of the cleaning she told us that this lady worked there since 7 days but she called the company she worked before and they told her that there was never a problem with her. That manager later asked us if we need help looking for the money in our room! I was so angry. No one didnt even apologize, I felt treated like a dumb little child. This was the worst trip ever.

Room tip: Always have your money with you!
1  Thank Donjeta B
Olivier B, General Manager at NH Brussels Louise, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Dear Donjeta,

first of all I want to apologize that you had the feeling that we treated you like a dumb little child. It would be great if you contact me to speak about the issue you had. hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Olivier

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely short break in Brussels, staying at the NH Hotel City Centre. It was a well-placed hotel, only 5 minutes' walk from the underground station and hop-on hop-off bus stop. Rooms were clean, with everything you'd need for a city break. Didn't have breakfast here, but went to a coffee shop just along the street - part of a chain called ESKI - very nice selection and obviously popular with locals too. Well recommended!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Pontygirl,

We are really happy to see that you liked your stay. hope to greet you soon again.

regards,

Olivier

Reviewed April 11, 2017

The single room I have got was under the roof, so there was a considerable ceiling slope. I am 194 cm tall, so that made movement in the room quite complicated.

The second issue was ventilation. At first I have not recognized that roof window can be opened. The day was sunny and room was overheated from the roof. I have switched AC on, but that made no any sensible difference. So I had noisy AC, hot and tight room until the evening.

Eventually I have found that it is possible to open the window. That was a solution for the fresh air. However, that was nearly impossible to close it back - the window was very tight. During the night I had the air, bit also lot of noise from the street, mostly from active transport traffic.

Otherwise than the room the hotel was well managed, staff was helpful, breakfast more or less good and cleanliness is perfect.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed April 11, 2017

It was a very good deal for a 4 star hotel! U won't get this type of a package for such a price. Breakfast was great, hotel was very well located: easily accessible. The staff was welcoming and friendly though sometimes not picking up the phone at reception but this can happen as it could be busy. The best part is the lazy Sunday (checking out late for free!) you don't see that often, it usually comes with a price but at NH it's free on sundays! So cool ;) Overall I'll say it's a good place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Bellow average service, AC did not work, room outdated and very noise either from the street or from all the noise the cleaning staff made. In conclusion too expensive for what it was. On the positive side the location is Good.

Date of stay: March 2017