All reviews own bathroom walkable distance city centre clean rooms mattress
Reviewed January 8, 2015

Pros:
-Very friendly and helpful staff who converse well in english.
-Room with in-built shower room.

Cons:
-Small room with little walking space.
-Unstable double deck beds.
-Pay to use the lockers if you want to store your bags prior to check in.
-Very dull complimentary breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Convenient location for Gare Centrale and Gare du Midi. Generally clean and quiet. Overnight fee includes sheets and breakfast. Missing the following : kettle, microwave, guests' kitchen.
Missing thirteen characters.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2014

Worst case of false advertising I have ever experienced. I booked this hostel online thinking it looked alright and that it would be a good location, close to the central station and the city centre but I got there and the place was awful. The room wasn't ready for me when I got there, so I had to pay to put my things in a locker that looked like something they pulled off the street. When I came back and finally checked in they handed me a flimsy fleece blanket and frayed sheets and I went up to the room, which was even worse. The room and the attached shower looked like something you would find in a prison. There were no lockers in the room and maybe one outlet. You could only get wifi in the lounge but I didn't feel comfortable leaving my things in the room, so I lugged all my stuff to the lounge to try and do some trip research but the wifi kept cutting out and it shut you out completely after you reached a certain data limit. I was miserable, didn't feel safe at all, and was about ready to give up on Brussels and head to my next destination, so I actually forfeited my reservation, threw my stuff in a taxi and found another hostel across town. My suggestion - save the taxi fare and don't make the same mistake I did, find a better hostel to enjoy Brussels from.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Lauren-Goes-Abroad
Reviewed December 1, 2014 via mobile

Great location. 5-10min walk from central station.

Limited reception hours. When I showed up at 2pm to checkin, reception was just re opening after their lunch break and there was a big queue of people waiting and only one girl on reception who was a bit flustered. It was ok though.

Building is old. Looks old. But is relatively clean, although needed to air my room when I first arrived.

Wifi available throughout hostel. Ok connection most of the time.

Only one power point in the 4 bed dorm. Get there early if you want to charge your phone or camera.

Average breakfast. But it's free hey?

Would highly recommend this hostel based on location alone.

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed October 6, 2014

There were two of us staying at the hostel, but for vacancy reasons had to get a single room and another bed in a shared room. After paying at the reception, we went upstairs to check out the rooms and we were surprised by a dirty single room that no one had bothered to clean after the last stay. The dirty bed linnen was still on the bed and the place looked as if someone had just left it. When we got back to the reception there was no way to get our money back for the room, as the manager wasn't there. The only solution was a complaint that we never got contacted for.
Even worse, next morning, after waiting for the manager to arrive, he was unavailable for the clients. Thats the way to manage a hostel!
So basicly de hostel is not bad, nothing amazying either, but hope for everything to go great or you wont be offered any help or solution to your problem.

Room tip: Make sure your room has been cleaned before paying.
Date of stay: October 2014