All reviews own bathroom walkable distance city centre clean rooms bunk mattress
Reviewed March 23, 2016

I spent only one night in Brussels Bruegel hostel but I would definetely go back.
I made a mistake with my booking and they changed it once I arrived at the hostel for free.
I also had to leave before 7.00am, which is when they start at the reception so they explained me how to check out without them and they even prepared me a bag with the breakfast since I wasn't going to be able to have it in the morning.
Only 10 minutes walking from the Grand Place.
The only thing I would change is the wifi connection, was for free and kind of everywhere but very slow and didn't work very well.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2015 via mobile

The rooms are normal, and they have a shower (2 p bedroom). There's a comfy chilling area. They have night keys so you can come at any time (deposit is 20 euros cash!) and reception is open early. Breakfast included. Good place overall!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2015

Do not stay in this hostel for any reason ! It was chaotic, the staff has 0 competence, there wasn't cold water, the temperature in the room is like in a fridge and the wifi doesn't work! Even worse, once I just asked to the reception a good place for eating and the guy didn't want to answer me because he "had no time".

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Quentin B
Reviewed October 14, 2015 via mobile

i and my boyfriend arrived in this hostel about 19h-20h and we had to wait about a hour in the reception, because it was closed for dinner - what is already annoying once you arrive tired and it wasn't informed anywhere in hihostel nor the bruegel hostel website.
- after wait the staff finish the dinner, we stated the check in with a really unfriendly woman (that said the was the manager ) asked us a different value than announced on the website! We explained her that we wouldn't pay the difference and she told us that anything could be done from the hostel part and we had to contact the website hihostel ( what was done by e-mail but nobody answered!!! ) . In the end, we had to pay the value the woman was asking. (And we did it because is really complicated to find a place in short notice).
- she gave us the key of our double bedroom and when we got there the room was already occupied, with a luggage, many stuff in the room, etc. So we went back to reception to ask another room. It gave us a big sensation of insecurity, once the employee / manager could give the key of our room to someone else and our belongs be stollen.
- arriving in the right room, there wasn't wi-fi.
- the bath was tinny, there were hair of someone else in the bathroom wall and in the shower curtain. Talking about shower curtain it was really dirt.
- the bathroom in the room didn't have toilet, in case you need use it you had to go outside the room, in the shared bathroom (even if you book a room with private bathroom - like we did). There were just a basin and a shower in the room.
- the wi-fi in the hostel is limited/day.
- unfriendly staff. , we didn't feel comfortable to ask any tips to the receptionists about that to do, where to eat, etc. once asked one information, the answer was that it was on the map. ( we asked to the woman who was in the reception and said she was the manager)
- the breakfast was ok, bread, jam, butter, something similar to nutella , cereal and coffee/hot chocolate.
- the location is ok
- conclusion: we wouldn't go back to this hostel

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrunaA1912
Reviewed July 12, 2015

The position is absolutely super (15 minutes walk to the central train station and to the city center). The hostel is not really comfortable regarding beds and toilets and the reception is not 24h available. The price is good considering the position and the average price of a night stay in Brussels. Breakfast is nothing special but surely I experienced worse ones. I recommend to people looking for short and cheap stay in a perfect position.

Date of stay: May 2015