“Delicious, Humble and Unpretentious Food”
Review of L'Everest

L'Everest
Ranked #56 of 3,828 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2016

My wife and I have been craving for a meal that is outside the standard Belgian carte de cuisine. We both thought that Indian food should be on the menu for us since we haven't eaten some in quite a while. After an "exhaustive" search through Trip Advisor, we found l'Everest. It was tucked away in an unassuming neighbor of Ixelles just off the well known street of Ave Louise. We came in and were graciously met by the owners.

The restaurant is quite small with a family owned feel, but also gives a vibe of intimacy for those looking to enjoy a meal and have a meaningful conversation with no where to run off to in the next couple of hours.

The food was fantastic. My wife absolutely adored the Vegetable samosa and the naan bread. I enjoyed some dumplings and a spinach and herb lamb along with my naan bread. It was delicious and filling. What I really enjoyed about this restaurant and why I will go back was that it wasn't the typical Indian restaurant you would expect to find on every corner. This style of food leans more towards Nepal.

Final thoughts: If you are in the neighborhood and in the mood for Indian food with some Nepalese flair, stop on by. You can go to their website and make a reservation in under 3 minutes. I hope you enjoy.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

It is the second time I visit this restaurant. Second impression same as first time I've been there. Excellent food and service. Quality is always a standard in this place :-)

Reviewed 15 September 2016

The food is good, no doubt about that. Simply tasteful, heavily borrowed from Indian food, some influences from Chinese (e.g. a sweet an sour chicken curry). It was quite busy on a thursday evening and the owner seemed to give quite a lot of attention (and priority) to particular tables, ignoring others. Guess which category we belonged to...

chlemercier75, Responsable relations clients at L'Everest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear tvh12,

Thank you so much for the time you took for this comment. It is very important for us.

This last Thursday was indeed a crowded dining time. We adapted our crew properly to be able to maintain our high standards of service. So we managed to serve everybody at a reasonable waiting time. Beside of this, we recognize that it is possible that some of our guests, this time, felt that we did not give them all the attention they really deserved. Thanks to you, we will discuss about this very important point in our family team to still improve our service in order to maintain our quality in all the situations. So that our guests can feel that, for us, every single guest is special and important.

We hope that you will visit us again. So you will be able to taste again our tasty dishes! We are so happy that you highly appreciated them. Be sure that we will keep doing everything possible for you to spend a good time in our restaurant.

Kind regards,
L'Everest family team

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Yummy food, with a lot of variety suggested in their menu list, a very good ratio quality/price, staff is very pleasant and polite. Everest appears to be my favorite indian restaurant in Brussels. Everytime I want to invite some friends for lunch/dinner outside, I usually just go to Everest to be certain that my guests will be more than happy. A kind of "aperitif" and digestif" are offered to their clients. Just incredibly impressive!

chlemercier75, Responsable commercial at L'Everest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Dear Sonya R,

Thank you for having taken the time for this comment.

We are so happy and proud to hear that you use to choose L'Everest to invite your friends. And that our dishes and service in our family restaurant make you feel happy. It reaches our highest wish to make every guest happy.

Be sure it is always a pleasure to welcome you.

Kind regards,
L'Everest

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Four of us tried l'Everest for the first time for a birthday lunch. The service was excellent,the ambiance very "sympa" and the food very good. We all chose different Nepalese dishes; the flavours were all very clean and fresh,but three of the four were very similar. The rice and nan were excellent, as were the papadums and the chutneys. We will certainly return. Next time we'll try some Indian dishes.