La Legende Hotel
Warwick Brussels(Brussels)
US$151
US$127
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$147
US$127
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$112
Travelocity
US$164
US$125
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Grand Place Arenberg(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$150
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe grand placetrain stationhard boiled eggsinside roomsmall hotelnice breakfastgrand plazacentral arearestaurants and barsshort walkcontinental breakfastbed was comfortablelombardbelgiumrue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Our family stayed here for 1 night after reading all the great reviews here on Tripadvisor but I was truly disappointed.

But there were some positives about this hotel and I'll start there:

GOOD:

Location is great. A block from the Peeing Boy and lots of interesting souvenir, waffles, and chocolate shops in the immediate area. It's roughly 2 blocks from the Grand Place with lots of local bars.

Staff were welcoming and courteous.

Room size is decent.

Breakfast was sufficient and good.

Bed was soft and pillow appears comfortable.

BAD:

Expensive - $220 USD for the night

Sleepless in Brussels

We were given a room facing the street and that meant "sleepless in Brussels" for all. We asked for a different room but the receptionist claims the hotel was full. We hear people walking, talking, laughing, shouting, throwing bottles, car engine throttles, garbage trucks and their backup signals, street cleaners, among many other sounds all night long. We basically had no sleep that night. And that's with the window closed. When the windows are opened, you feel you are on the street. The sound bouncing off the buildings around you amplifies the sound and echo and your room becomes a theater.

So, unless they can guarantee you a room facing the courtyard, DO NOT stay in this hotel. It is not worth spending so much just to hear the noise on the street.

I rate hotels based mainly on the sleep quality and this hotel deserves 0 star. The 2 stars are for the good breakfast and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Demand one that does not face the street.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank HipHipHop
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Central location, minutes from Grand Place and Mannequin Pis, busy road but courtyard rooms very peaceful.Staff are truly magnificent, nothing is too much trouble for them. Well worth a visit!

Room Tip: courtyard rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ralphpaul
Reviewed 11 November 2011

October 2011 we stayed two nights in this little hotel in central Brussels. It has the best location that less than 5 minutes walk to Grand Place and 10 minutes walk to central train station. There are many restaurants and shops nearby. The building is old but it is very clean inside the hotel. Our room is small facing courtyard. It is very quiet in the evening. On the day we arrived they changed the TV set top box so the TV is not working but it is fine with us. The bath room is small size too that I wish they have shower curtain to block water. We booked the room through hotel web site so the breakfast is included. Our friends booked the room through travel web site that does not include breakfast. But the staffs at front desk are so nice to offer my friends breakfast without additional charge. Breakfast is not bad at all. The free WIFI is very good value. Overall, I think we will choose this hotel again if we come back to Brussels.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Staff was very courteous, hotel very clean. Decor very sad looking; they could do much more with some help from Ikea! No restaurant service after breakfast although they were kind enough to provide some plates and let us use the microwave. Very good free wifi: hard to find this in Brussels. Location is not the best: downtown Brussels is dirty, too many drunks on the street at night. Better to tour the sights by day and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank ViaggiaForFun
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Hotel La Legende could not be more conveniently located - two blocks to Mannekin Pis and two blocks to the Grande Place. But location aside, La Legende is a nice hotel as well. The desk staff were all friendly, and with my late arrival they had my paperwork and key prepared. When I walked in my room, it confirmed why I like smaller hotels - simple but clean, light and airy. The bathroom was modern and spotless. The only caution I can give about this hotel is to get a room on the back courtyard; my room overlooked the main street and as such, could be a little noisy (especially if you like to sleep with the window open). The breakfast was fine, offered in a small second floor room. Overall a very pleasant experience and I hotel I recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: get a room that does not overlook the main street in front of the hotel if you want something a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business