“Absolutely FABULOUS. A real special place!”
Review of Winehouse Osteria

Winehouse Osteria
Reserve with
Winehouse Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 4,099 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$45 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

Wow, did we get lucky with this recommendation from a friend. I cannot say enough about this small little gem!!There’s only about 10 tables so reservations are a must.
From start to finish the food was not only beautiful in presentation, but also farm or ocean to table and amazing in taste. We had vegetable bruschetta, prosciutto and mozzarella, swordfish (in paper) and tuna. Mouthwatering, succulent and delicious. We wouldn’t have changed a thing!
They picked our wine with perfect knowledge. And the limoncello was the perfect ending to a perfect night.
Keep up the good work! We’ll be back!!!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Fly4Love

Reviewed October 29, 2018

While this spot is very small, it serves up big taste and a dizzying selection of wine. I enjoy drinking wine, but am not always great at knowing much about how to pick it. Luckily the staff is very good at offering suggestion, even better that they don't just choose the most expensive and are happy to offer a taste of your selection.

We started with the burrata in tomato soup--to be honest I wasn't 100% what this was going to be and was incredibly happy with this as a starter. The burrata was simply amazing and the tomato soup (which, if you are also curious, was more like a tomato sauce). Can't recommend this enough. Start with this.

I got the gnocchi of the day which was a great decision. Homemade with delicious prosciutto. They were the largest gnocchi I've ever seen and I savored every bite.

Was too full for dessert, but did end the evening with a glass of grappa. Again, not knowing much about grappa, our server gave me a taste of two.

Looking forward to going back.

Also, the menu is in Italian, French and English, the staff speaks all three as well (or they did when I was there). You must make a reservation, it is a very small place so walking in for a seat is super unlikely.

1  Thank scottytheexpat
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Very cosy restaurant with excellent food, a very extensive and high quality wine list, and great service!

1  Thank maartene2013
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We read about this restaurant in TripAdvisor and decided to make a reservation due to the good reviews that it has. It’s a small but cozy restaurant. The restaurant offers only Italian wines, which I don’t mind at all since there are very good ones. It has a wide variety of wines. We ordered the Scirus, 2012, from La Toscana. For appetizer, we ordered the Burrata in tomato soup and olive oil. This appetizer was delicious. The burrata was one of the best I’ve had. We also ordered the Prosciutto from San Daniel. It was very high quality prosciutto. I ordered the egg pasta with truffles. Unfortunately, I did not like it. The dish was very dry. It felt that it was just pasta with a little bit of truffle oil and shaved truffles. The dish did smell like truffle. However, the pasta was too dry. I was not expecting fresh truffles since I know that a plate that costs 29 euros can’t have fresh truffles. I’ve eaten fresh truffles many times and I know the taste and the cost. However, the shaved truffles were very dry and the texture was hard. It felt like it need something else to make a better edible dish. The owner realized that I did not like it. He explained to me that they prepare the dish that way so that the truffle taste stands out. This is a matter of appreciation. I was not upset at the situation. It’s not uncommon that you might not like the way a dish is prepared in a restaurant. He was very polite and asked me if I wanted another dish. I did not feel like eating anything else. My husband asked for the beef tagliata with a balsamic reduction glaze, arugula and polenta. He liked the beef but not the polenta. The owner offered a dessert on the house but even though we did not want it, he still brought a pannacotta with caramel. It was very good. He also gave us a glass of grappa. I do appreciate the owner’s attempts to make it up to me.

Date of visit: October 2018
OwnerOsteria, Owner at Winehouse Osteria, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

dear customer we use fresh black truffle. reading your review i feel you got aa great food and service experience that does not match the score you gave but you are free to give the judgement you want. I feel m employees overdid for you. Hope you find better somewhere else. bye.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

A small, well managed by the on site owner, Italian gem in Brussels. The wine selection was great and the food spectacular; my dish (bread gnocchi) ranks in my top four meals ever. GO HERE!