“I just keep coming back”
Review of The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep
Ranked #327 of 4,099 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A restobar with a fresh selection of fish & chips, chicken strips and tidbits to coincide with an ever expanding beer menu boosting of 100 plus beers from over 40 breweries.
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

This is my 4th visit to this restaurant and I love it.
The staff is awesome - really paying attention to their customers and helping out with recommendations, if needed.

The vibe is nice and the interior setup is great. Plus, it has air conditioning, which on a hot summer day (that used to be few and far between) is invaluable.

The food is good if you like deep fried stuff. Several burgers and chips are on the menu, together with some chicken strips, chicken wings and fish and chips. They also have options for groups (the cheese and charcuterie platter is big and good).

The drinks menu may seem quite large at first but the drinks are seasonally stockpiled so they never had all of the beers in a category. In order to not be disappointed that you picked several drinks they may not have I recommend you ask the staff what beers are currently available in the category you want and they will surely help you out with a suggestion.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed June 19, 2017

I was here for a private event and ordered the fish and chips. The food was delicious though a bit different from the traditional fish and chips. My waiter was able to recommend a good local beer based off a description of what I was looking for. The wait staff was a bit inattentive but it could have been due to how many full tables there were. All in all, an enjoyable time.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 9, 2017

I've been there for an early dinner since I was really starving for burger, and the pictures and trip advisor's comments were promising good. The restaurant is nice designed, clean and the staff in attentive, fast, polite and english/french speaking. Well located close to place Flagey but away from the crowd. My main remark goes to the food portions. We ordered two burgers, that always come with a side of potatoes and a dip. I can't hide my disappointment of the unbalanced sizes of the different elements. The burger was way too small, its small size made the potato chest look bigger than the burger itself, and I remember reading on the menu: burger with a side of potatoes, not: potatoes with a side of burger, which yeah, is a bit annoying. To conclude, even tough it wasn't the best burger I've ever had, I can't complain with the food quality, because it is tasty, but I didn't find the perfect burger there.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

I could reserve a flexible part of the bar for free (30 persons). Staff was nice, burgers are really good! Great choice of beers.
A modern Irish Pub!
Will certainly come back!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Lovely service everyone at the bar was nice. The variety of beer was very good. Food was good!!! The place is ver well decorated.

Date of visit: February 2017