Hotel Metropole(Brussels)(Great Value!)
Preferred Hotels
US$142
US$116
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$156
US$118
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$159
US$112
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$171
US$149
Hilton
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$89
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$107
US$98
US$131
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

MAS Residence(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$107
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a 50/50 place, and depending on where in Brussels you want to be and how long you're staying will determine which 50 you will vote for.

Negative bits: no lift; scary staircase (22 steps to the first floor), narrow, steep and bendy in the middle, with narrow steps; no catering except a rather DIY breakfast (but see below for neighbouring restaurants); rooms rather small; telly only had two channels and no sound; workspace also very small.

Positive bits: lovely reception staff, very helpful with carrying bags, etc., and offered to go out and buy me food if I wished; but there are two cafés next door offering food from about €8.50 a main course (watch out, they don't necessarily accept credit cards); room, though small, spotlessly clean with blond wood furniture and floors, bathroom with good towels, soap and shampoo, very comfortable bed; air conditioning; free high-speed wifi internet that really worked; less than a kilometre from the centre of the city and Brussels-Midi railway station; and, the clincher, €45 a night.

So, you pays your money and you takes your choice. Would I stay there again? For one night probably yes, but not for longer. It would be an ideal base, however, for cash-strapped sightseers.

Room Tip: Room 114 is the closest to the top of the scary stairs on the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This hotel is horrible, don't recommend it at all.
There is not lift, you have to carry your language up on narrow slippery stairs. When we arrived we got our rooms on the third floor. The 'funny' thing is that the receptions told us the wrong room numbers so we had to look all over third floor for our rooms. We could smell the paint all over 3rd floor and it was worst in the room. After staying there for 5 minutes I can say we were I bit high from the smell. Even if this is a non-smoking hotel the room were smelling like old cigarette smoke, the sheets look very used.

For breakfast you had to be there before 9, otherwise you find only leftovers.

Our rooms were changed with rooms on the first and second floor but the cigarette smoked was still there. I found pubic hair on the bathroom floor (not very pleasant) and urine stains on the toilet! (very grouse).

If you really care about your health and your money, don't stay at this hotel. At the same price you can find much better!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Worst hotel that I ever stayed. I was given a room in 3rd floor and no lifts. The steps were too narrow that I could not carry my luggages to the room and each floor had about 15 to 20 steps. When I reached the room, I thought I may need a medical emergency. I really died before I climbed the steps on narrow stairs with heavy luggage.

Room was too hot, there was an airconditioner, but no switch for that. I think that is just for a show case. Toilets were not clean. I opened the window and it smelled like ditch outside.

The hotel advertise Free wifi. But it really didnt work. I think they dont have any wifi at all. I had a terrible experience and really the cost you pay here is too expensive for this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a good hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Volcanoking
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This was a last minute business trip, the drill was to get the train from London , get a quick shower in an hotel close to midi station, go for dinner with some clients etc.
The secretary booked it for 295 euro, it was a dump with my room being at the top of the steepest stairway ever, if there was an old witch with a spindle and a poisoned apple i wouldn't have been surprised.
Its in a bad area, it seems like north africa and frankly i was careful. i have never wrote a review on this before but this place was so bad i felt i had too.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MOS1970
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Having booked, prepaid €150 for one night, phoned the hotel to say I was arriving at 22.00, I found on arrival that my room had been sold. The website was by then advertising rooms at €250! The whole place stank of old dirt and greasy food, so when I was eventually put in a taxi and sent to another hotel it was a relief to get away.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business