“Lovely place for dinner”
Review of Chez Leon

Chez Leon
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Chez Leon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #533 of 4,096 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2018

When I ever I come to Brussel, I go to Chez Leon for a dinner at least if I stay more than one night. Their mussels(with cheese, boiled or with butter) are always great. I ate this time oyster as well, was great also. They have small tables inside the restaurant. This place is always crowded. If you are lucky you can find place. I advise you to make reservation before you go there. You can have here specially mussels, oyster, fishes and meat and chicken as well.Prices are quite high.

Date of visit: October 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (7,425)

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Despite a few negative reviews, I found it to be outstanding! Great food, generous portions of mussels and frites and I had an omelette which was divine and enough for 2. My most memorable meal of my Europe trip!

I was fortunate to have Xavier as my waiter - he is probably the most friendly and welcoming of them all.

My best advice is arrive at 1145am on a weekday and sit outside - I went on Monday (I saw the insane Sunday afternoon crowd)

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

This place caters to the tourist. The food is expensive fodder catering for the mass tourist market. We had a rude and impatient waiter. Avoid at all cost!

1  Thank N_L56
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

A mussel lovers paradise- very accurately represented menu with pictures and a free kids menu as well. Flavour, variety, authenticity - all in all a memorable experience that will always stay with you and if visiting, perhaps associate with Brussels. Definitely a must visit if in Brussels!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

This is a large restaurant that has different sections so each area has a little cozier feeling and you don’t feel that you are eating in a large hall. Because I was with a tour group we had a pre-chosen menu of fried mussels, salad, and a few choices for main dish and dessert. My husband and I wanted to try an authentic Belgian dish so we each ordered the Waterzooi Chicken which was kind of bland and for dessert we had mousse. There were not problems with the food or service but nothing special.

Date of visit: June 2018