“Charming atmosphere, great food, friendly staff”

C'est Bon C'est Belge - La Terrasse
Ranked #67 of 3,926 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$17 - US$26
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: C'est Bon C'est Belge: the best of Belgian products and dishes. In the Sablon, discover our second restaurant and delicatessen ! Five minutes from Manneken Pis, on a pedestrian street in the Sablon quarter, you'll find 60 seats, 30 of which on the terrace (heated in winter). Enjoy our belgian specialties in a cosy setting, at noon or in the evening. Rooms can be reserved for groups.
Reviewed November 27, 2017

This place fits every positive stereotype of a European bistro. Small place feels like you're a guest in someone's home. Food was simple with a focus on preparation of the simple ingredients, rather than over seasoning (sign of a good chef). Owner (I believe) was our waiter and the chef came out to ask how our meal was.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

It's in a nice place with good taste. There is a Brussels typical food sampler, pretty good to have a good idea of Belgian food.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Group of 4, we ordered the veggie mash with sausage x2, the chicken and mushroom pastry and the meat stew.
Veggie mash cane with pork, not sausage, the manager dismissed us when we raised this. The mash was bland and tepid.
Chicken and mushroom was bland (and looked a bit like gruel)

Redeeming feature was my meat stew, it was lovely, and the reason I’m giving this place 2 points instead of 1. Sadly the whole meal was a bit of a flop so that’s all I can award it.

The decor and furniture is a cross between budget picnic tables and ikea kids homework desks.

Staff were sullen, and we got no check back to raise our issues.

Also when we turned up (no reservation) they made a big fuss over how busy they were, we said never mind and were about to leave when they said ok we can squeeze you in as long as you’re out for 9. It was DEAD in the restaurant, and it was still dead at 8.55 when we left.

1  Thank fiimacd
Reviewed September 25, 2017

From start to finish, this meal was amazing! My husband chose an awesome beer, my coffee was so good that when the waiter took it away before I was quite done (literally my only complaint from our dining experience) and I saw it sitting on a tray at the bar on my way to the restroom, I almost--almost!--took it off the tray and finished it. Okay, so the food: My goat cheese salad was probably the best I have ever had, or at least a very, very close second. My husband opted for the taste of Belgium sampler (it looks like its official name is the C'est si bon! platter) which had small portions of several popular items from Belgian cuisine. I don't remember the specifics about the names of each dish, but everything we were served was fantastic! Brussels was a beautiful city but I would come back again strictly for this food.

1  Thank Lindsey K
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Delicious, traditional, homemade Belgian food with friendly service and great beer pairings! We had the wonderful experience of being waited on by one of the owners (Thierry). He made perfect recommendations for the food (an unbelievable pork cheek dish with a gingerbread sauce, an enormous and perfectly prepared artichoke and house made leek soup). This was all perfectly paired with a Belgian beer. After our meal, while talking with Thierry, he shared with us the video where they were featured on Andrew Zimmern's show "Delicious Destinations" for the house special - Beef Carbonade! It looked amazing and we even chatted with the chef about her grandmothers recipe! We tried to come back for dinner that same night, but sadly the restaurant had closed for the evening. I will recommend this place to all of MJ friends traveling to Brussels and can not wait to return!