“Disappointing food and bad service”
Review of Le Cochon d'Or

Le Cochon d'Or
Ranked #3,116 of 3,960 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2016 via mobile

We had to wait for over an hour for 2 soups and 3 portions of croquettes. The fish soup had 1 mussel and a shrimp head, the tomato soup was just boring. The croquettes tasted ok (the shrimp ones very soggy though), but way too expensive for what you get.

Reviewed January 5, 2016

I went to this place only once, i ate the moules frites dish (seasonal fresh) which was absolutely delicious. The service is not bad.

Reviewed December 6, 2015

I am surprised with the bad reviews associated with this restaurant . It seems to be a love/hate affair and we do not understand why . We went there for an early dinner when we arrived in Brussels and we were more than happy with our selection . The food was excellent : I had the Lapin à la Geuze , my wife took the oysters and we shared a plate of cheese . We were recommended a white wine which proved to be excellent !
The service was excellent even though we had decided to eat on the terrasse which normally slows things down . The waiter provided us with helpful tips on places to visit in Brussels and even went to see his manager when he could not answer one of our questions .
The location of the restaurant is interesting as it is on a very famous place close to a metro station .
Overall , I cannot see what more we could ask from a restaurant !

Reviewed October 11, 2015

I reserved a table and was allowed to select the one I wanted. The food was OK, it was good local fare and we cleared our plates. We were not rushed, you felt they were preparing your food with care. OK the sauce on my rabbit was a bit too strong, but my wife's beef just melted in the mouth. The wine we chose (didn't have a wine list) was excellent if pricey 36 Euro's. I would happily go back.

Reviewed September 19, 2015

This restaurant is very near Saint Catherine's Church. They have a nice variety of fish, lobster, rabbit, and beef. Very friendly staff that will help you select some of the popular dishes. Try the dessert made with eggs, Porto, ice cream and other ingredients.
Seating is available for inside and outside. Reservations are needed for sitting outside.