“Tasty food, nice setting”
Review of Touareg

Touareg
Ranked #2,784 of 4,024 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at Touareg. We visited with 10 people, and the restaurant was happy to serve us. The group had a range of dishes, and the reviews from everyone were positive. Several people had vegetarian options and others had lamb or chicken couscous or tagines. The garden is beautiful, but we quickly found that spiders and worms seemed to be rappelling themselves down from the branches of the trees, so we moved inside.

We visited on a holiday weekend, when the city was largely deserted, and the restaurant had few customers as well. We received excellent service, although this probably wasn't a huge challenge because the restaurant wasn't busy.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We had the veggie cous cousin and the lamb with plums tajine, both quite good.
The garden is really nice, and the service was quick and nice. It must be said however that it was the national day and the city was empty, as well as the restaurant.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have left - in a previous lifetime - a GLOWING report about this restaurant.

And I frequently put my money where my mouth was - or should that be the other way around.

We live in Switzerland and travel frequently to Brussels to see family. With all of culinary Brussels at our feet, it has been our choice - AFTER A NINE HOUR DRIVE - for the last six or so visits to go for our first Brussels dinner in Touareg.

The last couple of visits have been on a Thursday when they have recently introduced a weekly "all-you-can-eat (but not necessarily all you can digest)-Buffet". The restaurant is full - good for them - but our last meal was less than we had become accustomed to and the meal we ate a couple of hours ago was average at best.

I ASSUME THURSDAY NIGHT MUST BE THE CHEF'S NIGHT OFF?

The lamb tajine is usually so juicy and tender that it can be eaten with a plastic fork, the lamb tonight needed a pneumatic drill to cut through the fat and gristle.

The portion was smaller than usual and one couldn't help but get the feeling that as the ONLY couple in the restaurant who were not climbing over everyone else to make repeated trips to the buffet... we were a bit of an inconvenience eating "a la carte". Probably because it is the chef's night off?

We will never go back on a Thursday that is for sure, and probably never go back at all, as quite frankly we had gotten a little lazy and instead of exploring other restaurants in the area went back to Touareg.

After leaving such a positive report I felt I owed it to other diners to update the situation just in case people actually read what I wrote and went for what I called: "The best Moroccan food I had ever eaten".

Not anymore!

2  Thank leslie P
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Found the other critiques a bit too harsh. Maybe we stuck to the basics - a couscous and a tagine, which are both meaningfully better than the standard Maghrebian fare. Wine list is both extensive for a Maghrebian restaurant and reasonably price.

Only problem is that we had dinner with a big group of people who were having a great time themselves and made lot of noise, but guess that's beyond the control of the restaurant.

Will visit again.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

It was OK, but nothing special. Moroccan food without anything exceptional. Wine was reasonably priced though.