“Owners need to have a word.”
Review of De Valera's

De Valera's
Ranked #1,367 of 3,921 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2016

Expat pubs usually have a tight bound between staff and regulars. There's always a group that becomes part of the furniture. Even so, I was surprised to see a staff member snigger along, while a regular repeatedly tried to get a rise out of some quiet sod who dropped in to watch a soccer match. Wasn't the first time either. I've seen it kick off for less.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

On this lively square, De Valera's provides a bit of green, and it's not just the Irish beer - you overlook the ponds of Ixelles. I did have my first Guinness in years, and it was good. And our cheeseburgers were excellent. We got in just before the live Sunday soccer on TV, so ours was a quiet lunch. I'd go back if I develop an urge for a good burger and beer.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

Nice terrace with view of the weekend morning market on Place Flagey while you are having a simple lunch and a pint. With a slight view of the water of the lakes brings a refreshing extra Summer feeling to it. It is an Irish pub outside Ireland, which never really disappoints me, but never excites me. Standard beer and pub food menu. Food is average, simple, but plates are taken care of. Service was pleasant.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

First, the location: terrace, sun, a beautiful place, close to the lake, nice surroundings. After the place, yes, it's Irish... ;-) You have to go there for the atmosphere, and the burgers! Quality, freshness, great service, fair prices! And they have really good vegetarian burgers, quite rare. Oh yes, try a Snakebite... ;-)

1  Thank SebastienHouze
Reviewed July 11, 2016

A really good thing is that you can get food any time of the day, especially people like us need such a place. Because all of a sudden you have a hole in your body that needs to be filled fast. We did not have to wait long for our orders. My husband had a sandwich with smoked salmon and I had cheese croquettes. The last ones were very good value, really and nice too. This is a nice pub to enjoy watching people on the terrace on a very Sunny day.