“Amazing place for Mussels”
Review of Konings

Konings
Ranked #29 of 96 Restaurants in Tongeren
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2017

My husband and I love seafood but living in southern Germany it's not easily found. We picked this restaurant specifically because it served seafood and we wanted to try it in the hopes that we wouldn't be disappointed. We were not! The mussels were amazing and the portions were not small. For our entire family of four it cost $124 US dollars to eat. I got the small portion of mussels, my husband the large, my older son ordered the steak, and my younger got fish. We all had two drinks apiece. I felt the price was reasonable for what we got and the food was amazing. The waiters and waitresses were very kind and attentive and we didn't have to wait long for our meals at all. One thing I'd like to say is that if you go here to eat, dress up a little. We were in in jeans and casual sweaters and felt very out of place next to the very nicely dressed other patrons. You don't need a ball gown but need to be dressier than jeans and t-shirts. Still no one made us feel bad about it at all. Definitely go here if you want good seafood.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

The best restaurant in Tongeren for its mussel and chips.
You can eat them plein or with garlic or with wine.
They are the freshest you've ever eaten.
The restaurant itself is not big so do reserve your table.
Right on the market is ideal for tourists.
Of course you can also enjoy a lovely steak or chicken etc
And there is a child's menu.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed October 22, 2015

If you want to try mussels but you're not too sure where to go, this is a very nice place to have mussels. They have several recipes (read sauces) such as garlic, wine & cream etc... If you are with somebody who doesn't like mussels, they have a somewhat limited choice but they have meat balls with Liege-style sauce which is a must.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I went to this restaurant with a group of about 130 people. Our time of arrival and menu choice was known before hand by the restaurant. We even called ahead to let them know when we would arrive precisely. But when we arrived we had to wait for our glas of champagne, they were still poring the glasses. About 1,5 hours after we had arrived we had our meals. Some tables waited for 2 hours. That's just unacceptable for me. The mussels were good, but not to say extraordinary. I will not revisit.

Date of visit: September 2014
2  Thank Frederik85
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The style of the restaurant is not really my cup of tea but it is fine and there is nothing wrong.. This is just me. The service is good and the wine is okay. BUT the mussels they have served (white wine) WERE DELICIOUSE. I will definitely come back… only for the mussels.
I visited this restaurant because I have heard they are serving great mussels and I have to say they were absolutely worth the money.

Date of visit: February 2014