All reviews petrol station convenience store service station pleasant surprise excellent value small fridge first morning filling station absolutely stay here again pastries nespresso machine hot chocolate bread doesn t excellent place great room and breakfast wet room
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Convenient location with a 5 minute walk from town and free parking right next to the hotel which is located above a gas station. Did not try the breakfast facilities but the room was very comfortable and quite, good shower, fridge, nespresso machine in the room. Best value motel if stayed at in a long time!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Mike R, Gérant at Le Merceny Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear Mark

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Surprisingly quiet in room, which was well appointed, but no English tv. Breakfast acceptable but the breakfast room itself was in an odd location to side of shop. Would be cold in winter. Parking outside and shop/petrol station very handy for travellers. 5 min walk to town. Some staff spoke English but all helpful. Good wifi.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are indeed a little different but we like it that way... :-)

I definitely hear you about the breakfast place. Something we look into yet no easy fix to it.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Not a conventional location, but still a very good hotel.
Some caveats:
No elevator, so be prepared to carry your own bags up a large flight of steps.
The young girl at the desk at the time of our arrival helped my wife with her heavy bag, and refused taking a tip. (I had my own heavy bag to deal with)
I don't know the young lady's name, but I wish to thank her again .
Breakfast is only 8e; that said, the breakfast buffet is served in the middle of a convenience store, so you can pretty much choose what you like.
I want to praise these folks for doing a really great job with minimal space and resources. I would both recommend & visit again without hesitation.
Shower was great! Bathroom was great! Bed was firm and comfortable. Internet was very good. My wife had an issue with her thick hair and the weak hair dryer as she put it; but I don’t think most people would have this issue.
One of the best hotel deals I've experienced in years! Especially if you are a business traveler.

Room Tip: be prepared to carry your own bags up stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael

Thank you for your very nice comments. I'll definitely share with the team as they try hard to make the best with the space given. You got that one right ... :-)

Regarding the tip, this is very kind of you. However it's not as common over here so I hope you understand her reaction.

We would love to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

My family and I only stayed one night in Bastogne. We wish we would have stayed more! Le Merceny was a great motel. Very clean, very comfortable. The motel rooms had GREAT air conditioning, and this was important since it was so hot while we were there. The staff was so helpful--they carried our luggage up to the rooms, they answered all of our questions, and were very accommodating to all of our requests. Definitely a great find!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Biobaby,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. The whole staff is very motivated and is trying hard every day to meet the expectations of our guests.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

This place is perfectly located in the heart of Bastogne. It is walking distance to the main square and restaurants.

The rooms had all the amenities that you would expect from a hotel.

The cleanliness of the rooms I would rate a immaculate.

The service from reception was exceptional and welcoming.

The hotel is new, and sits above a service station, however i did not hear one car from my room.

I slept like a baby.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad to hear you enjoy your stay and that you had a good night's sleep.

We hope to see you again in the near future.