See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

It's perfect if you just had a car accident and can't get hold of your insurance company. The hotel is very basic, the bed sheets are suspicious, the neighbours from the room next door are certainly more suspicious, the shower rooms are an experience not to be missed and the receptionist is moody, probably resentful for not working at the Dorchester.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Good hotel for the price. Not many plug sockets but bed was good. They change extra for breakfast which isn't worth the price. Toilet and showers are at the other end. Staff are help full no issues I would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2016

(Caveat - this is from a stay in about 2010/2011, so things may have changed).

Arrived here on my own in the early hours of the morning having missed my ferry and been put on a later one, was absolutely knackered otherwise I would have moved on to Namur proper for another hotel. The whole place stank of ciggies and sweat; the bedding looked none too clean to the extent that I slept in my clothes, on top of the bedding and with my jacket as a pillow. Bizarrely the shared toilet and shower was OK - I was fearing the worst after seeing the room. Breakfast was a poor example of a baguette and machine coffee. We pass it often driving down to Italy and now I just laugh at the experience!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2015

Clean enough, but the ground floor reaks of stale cigarettes. Slightly run down, but repainted. In our case it was exactly what we needed as a stop over, as we traveled down to the Alps. Two and a half hours from Calais. Just off the motorway and relatively cheap (price quoted did not include tourist tax).

It wasn't easy to find using the satnav; suggest you take a print out of the location; or an updated satnav.

Two kids and two adults squeezed in to one room.
The car park was not secure, but there were no issues.

Arrived a week later, after thirteen hour drive, to be told that we could not stay because heating was off and there was no hot water; there was no other hotel available nearby. Agreed to stay, despite it snowing outside, but no discount offered.
l would head further south or stay closer to Calais next time.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Dated but clean hotel in a fantastic location. Strange mood lighting in the hallways. Our non-smoking room had the distinct smell of stale smoke while the public areas of the hotel smelled of bad perfume and room deodorizer. So so breakfast but not worth the price.

Date of stay: June 2014