See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Not a modern place, but it had a nice clean, homely feel to the internal building evident from the photos. Clean bathroom with hot showers, shared fridge, microwave and own TV. No valuables safe. The bed was strongly made from iron and then the firm foam mattress made it very very comfortable (2nd floor en-suite back room). The owner couple are friendly and helpful. Just had a few niggles...

The owners kept resetting the radiators back to cold each day which we found quite petty considering we had stealth taxes sprung upon us which were not included in the booking.com quote (euro tourist tax, €3/day per person plus government tax). This increased the overall cost by a quarter altogether which vexed me somewhat.

It is located on the perimeter of the town albeit a nice 10 min walk away by the canal route to the centre. It's also close to the most useful Ghent train station, Dampoort (also 10 min walk). The area is extremely quiet and safe with bus stops right outside the B&B serving everywhere you'd want.

Wouldn't dream of ordering breakfast at those prices though, especially since it should have intrinsically come included free as part of the whole "Bed & Breakfast" experience.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Seth H
Reviewed March 16, 2015

We were spending one night here and were pleased with everything. The owner was kind, room was nice, breakfast (which was served in the room) was also nice and big enough. Buses stops right in front of it. Recommended.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2015 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed for only one night, and certainly we were very surprised about the lovely and cosy place. Renee was nice from the very beginning.
The room was perfect, decoration and furniture is antique but that was nice, at least for me. Quite big and comfortable room and clean private bathroom.
Only 15 min from the city centre, it was very comfortable to reach all you need.
Amazing breakfast.
I would definitely stay there again! :)
We checked out a lot of hostel prices before choosing this one and I think we made the best option.!!!!
I recommend it for sure.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 1 night passing through Ghent and was surprised by the size of the room. The bed was comfortable and warm and bathroom was nice and clean. Furniture was antique and wooden floors were loud but beautiful. The house smelled of cats but the room did not. I am allergic to most long haired cats but did not have any problems.
The location was quiet and an easy walk from Dampoort station. I would stay again however would rather stay closer to city center. Compared to the prices in city center Het Rommelwater made it worth the 15 minute walk to city center.

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed here for two nights over the city festival in July. About a 15 minute walk into the city center, 10 minute walk from Damport station. WIFI was free, and the rooms were cosy. The place was out of the main party area of the festival so the sleep was quiet. Had an excellent stay!

Date of stay: July 2014