All reviews the main hotel facing the street nice hotel reception staff the ground floor late check three nights location is great centre of town old town comfortable beds short break bars and restaurants main attractions few minutes walk central location breakfast was excellent
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

The only positive thing about this hotel was the location. On the negative... No hot water! We stayed only 2 nights thank goodness, but no shower due to freezing water. They kept saying they called a technician. The room was small and had no air. We opened the window and were swarmed with mosquitoes. The ceiling had dozens of smashed mosquitoes, so thus was apparently common. We left dirty and with bites all over us that we can only hope came from mosquitoes.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
HoteldeFlandre, Public Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear awhayden55,

I wanted to pass on my sincere thanks for taking the time and trouble to inform us about your stay in Hotel de Flandre.

I would like to apologise for the fact that there was no warm water in your room . Unfortunately this was caused due to a loss in pressure in the kettle. Although we immediately called someone to have a look at it, it took some time to be fixed so we are sorry we could not resolve the problem during your stay. I am aware that the lack of warm water was very unpleasant for you.

Regarding the mosquitos; as it is mosquito season, mosquitos often find their way into the rooms. Housekeeping tries to ensure our guests won’t be bothered by these insects by using plugs and sprays but sometimes this proves not to be enough, we apologise for this. In regards to the stains on the walls, I will personally make sure housekeeping keeps an eye on those and cleans them as it is indeed not very welcoming when you enter the room. I would like to, again, express my apologies.

All your feedback is being reviewed and thank you for sharing that with us. I hope we can welcome you back once again on your next visit to Ghent.

Reviewed September 25, 2018

Very unfriendly, unwelcoming staff. We expected a room in an old monumental hotel, but were located in the dependance. The bed was good, but it was extremely noisy ane the room smelled like sewage. We would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HoteldeFlandre, Public Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Dear Eveline M,

I am very sorry to hear the accommodation was not to your standards. On our website we mention there being two buildings making up the Hotel de Flandre. Our main, authentic building and our newer, Executive building across the street. Please note we can accommodate your preferences. Just let our reception team know in the future, and we will have your preference noted in your profile.

I am also sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, in regards to our staff not providing you with exceptional service. If you wish to explain your experience further, please do so by mailing us directly through Linde@hoteldeflandre.be, that way we can investigate what exactly went wrong during your stay. Guests’ comments are of paramount importance to us, both in terms of measuring our standard of service and in our on-going endeavour to give our guests the best possible Hotel De Flandre Experience.

I appreciate all your feedback as we continuously strive to improve and better our hotel and services. I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Gent is a beautiful city, full of many historic sights and Hotel Flanders is a quiet step away. Our room was spacious and clean. Didn’t have the breakfast because there are plenty of places near by to eat. Our stay was great!

Room Tip: Great room across the street with a view
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HoteldeFlandre, Public Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear cgmaio618726,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel de Flandre and for sharing your feedback. I will be sure to share your positive comments with our staff . We look forward maybe welcoming you again in the future, and please do not hesitate to reach out if we can assist with any plans.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

To our surprise the hotel room was not in the hotel itself, but across the street....hmmm.Room itself was pretty good: spacey, with a fine shower en big bed. The major disappointment came after leaving, because the 6 point track of itchy bumps on my arm must be from a bed wants....hmmm.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HoteldeFlandre, Public Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the room you stayed in during your holiday. On our website we mention there being two buildings making up the Hotel de Flandre. Our main, authentic building and our newer, Executive building across the street. Please note we can accommodate your preferences. Just let our reception team know in the future, and we will have your preference noted in your profile.

Regarding the bite marks you encountered, after reading your review we immediately checked the room you stayed in. Together with the head of housekeeping we turned every corner but could, luckily, not find any indication of bedbugs.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We booked a room that had some issues and as soon we informed the reception the solved it exceeding the expectations.The new room was perfect, everything was working, spacious and confortable.I am very happy with choosing Hotel de Flandre and with the reception team they have.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HoteldeFlandre, Public Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time reviewing your recent stay at Hotel de Flandre. Your feedback is valued a lot and that is why we are glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you were amazed by the room with the view and the polite and nice staff you encountered with during your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon in case your travels bring you back to Ghent.