“Great restaurant with good food & service”
Review of L'incontro

L'incontro
Ranked #76 of 953 Restaurants in Ghent
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend and I came across the restaurant whilst walking around Gent.

We didnt book, but we did eat early. The food was great, I had pizza and it was a nice size and fresh.

The service was great, quick and helpful.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pushed for time having arrived late in Ghent we booked in. Met with indifference, served mediocre pizzas and an average wine.
Waiter greeted us with "Yes" when he came to take the order. Wont be back.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Online reservation the day before, easy like that. On the day itself we entered a restaurant well designed with very friendly young staff. Appetizer was very good : Insalata mista (salad mix with balsamico) and Carpaccio di carne. Afterwards, we had Linguine scoglio & the (for me) very delicious "Nidi di rondine".

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely little Italian just next to Novotel, we all had Pizzas which were really good, also reasonably priced. Worth a visit

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We went in here for dinner as it was right next to our hotel. The layout looked nice and clean. We only wanted a main meal as we were not ravenous. My fiancee had a risotto which she enjoyed. I had spaghetti bolognese, as its a 'sure thing' - always good. That was where I was wrong. My pasta was cooked perfectly, al dente, but the bolognese sauce was dreadful. It was like tomatoes with cooked mince. No hint of garlic or herbs. The prices were fair, but when my fiancee asked for a glass of tap water (she is diabetic) they refused, stating that they 'only serve bottled water'. Another place we will skip next time.