Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2020

We decided to stay here again for one night. Nothing has improved:
ROOMS
- noisy aircon the whole night that could not be adjusted properly.
- bathroom: smelly, no door to seperate room and/or toilet.
- no phone. One is obliged to use the own cellphone.
- overly complicated system to adjust lighting.
- curtains not working properly.
Etc. Etc.
ADDITIONAL
- poor breakfast, in the cellar.
- bar: mostly empty, no staff.
- no wellness, unfinished.
MANAGEMENT
Very arrogant, not willing to facilitate requests and feedback.

CONCLUSION
Having stayed in hotels all over the world, from very luxurious to more casual, it is clear something is very wrong at this hotel. Whereas it has a nice setting and exudes a lovely atmosphere, it does not live up to a standard one would expect in this segment. Only one consistency here: the lack of professional management. Whereas the staff and management attitude is always the most inportant in hospitality, that's what makes your holiday memorable. Therefore: avoid this hotel. Many better and more friendly options in Leuven (Klooster hotel) and the wider region: Brussels (The Hotel, Steigenberger) and Antwerp (Hotel Julien, Hotel August).

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank GLFoodieTraveller
Reviewed June 17, 2020

They suddenly closed in December for two months and let their guests know one day in advance in a very impolite manner. The hotel is in a nice building which has a lot of potential. Unfortunately many things go wrong:
- Rooms: A/C often not working, cupboards and curtains not closing properly etc. I had to change rooms twice sometime.
- Management: staff clearly not properly trained, no service at the level one would expect in such a hotel. Often no one at reception. No bar staff. No spa (there seems to be one, but never finished).
- The staff is not open to feedback at all. They even threaten you and try to remove reviews on Tripadvisor to protect their reputation.
Definitely a no go. Other nice hotels in Leuven (such as Martin's Klooster) and obviously Brussels (for instance The Hotel or Steigenberger).

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed December 18, 2019

After having stayed at this hotel previously and after having booked it for a period after christmas, I am appalled to have been re-allocated into a lesser hotel in Leuven, for the same money as a result of the Sultan of Oman booking the entire hotel. The hotel has offered no compensation and does not seem to care in the slightest. They have openly discriminated against their guests in favour of a wealthier and more prestigious visitor.

For the other guests that have been affected by this, please tweet me at @bcjrw so that we can organise a mass arrival at the hotel for more answers!

Should anyone else be thinking of booking this hotel, do not bother - you could be re-allocated to a lesser hotel for the same money at very short notice because a more preferable guest has asked to book!

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank bradleyw178
Reviewed October 29, 2019 via mobile

The Fourth hotel is located in a stunning gothic building situated next to Leuven's spectacular city hall.

+ : the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The bed is huge and really comfy. The bathroom is big too and is really "design" with a nice walk-in shower.
A state of the art coffee machine and a complimentary bottle of water are part of the perks as well as Moooi shower gel and shampoo.

- : water pressure in the shower could be better, no phone in the room, airconditioning is not working properly, no mini bar.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2019

I arrived around midnight checked in the room 304. Naturally I went to the 3rd floor to find the room, but there were only 301, 302 and 303 over there. So I came down and asked the front desk. It turned out that I had to go to the 2nd floor and then take a small staircase to go to a 3rd floor corridor under the attic to get to another attached section of the building which contained 304, 305 and other rooms. Odd, isn’t it? No elevator access to the room and I had to go through a claustrophobic hallway and pass a small service door to get to the room. I also noticed that there was no door to separate the shower or the bathroom from the room. So nothing to stop all the moisture and odor to get to the room. still not a deal breaker. Anyway, I went out for a quick bar hopping and came back at about 2 am super tired to crash in my bed. But the room was way too hot. around 30 C (85F). I tried to lower the temp on the AC controller on the wall but It didn’t work. So I thought to give the front desk a call. To my surprise there was NO PHONE in the room! So I had to go down through the narrow hallway and staircase and all that jazz to get to the front desk. The guy at the front desk told me that they intentionally disabled the room temperature control because some guest abused the system (what?!) and he had to set the temp for my room himself. So he did that. He also told me to use my cellphone or to use what’s app on my phone to call the front desk. I went back to the room, and unfortunately the room was still hot. No change whatsoever. I couldn’t successfully add them to what’s app either, so I just called them on my cell phone, which would cost me international roaming charges (from US to Europe). The guy said the AC seems to be broken. I requested to change room to one of the lower levels hoping those would be cool. Note that my trip was in September, the outside temperature was very chill (around 10 degree Celsius) but my room had no window to open and somehow it was oddly hot, perhaps because it was just under the attic or some other reason like that. The front desk told me that the other rooms are occupied and he offered to give me a fan instead. I accepted, but then a few minutes later he called me and said that they don’t have any fan, but he can put me in room 305. Fortunately room 305 had a window which I could open to keep the room cool, however I had to leave the curtains open all night. Long story short, it took me from 2 am to 3:30 am to get to bed and finally get some shut eye until the bright daylight woke me up at about 6:30 am and gave me a bad headache.
This was my first night experience in this supposedly fancy hotel which costed me $160 a night off-season. I got only 3 hours of sleep and a bad headache.

No working AC, No elevator access, No phone to call the front desk, No bathroom door.

The room 305 also didn’t have any phone in it, but its bathroom did have a door.
The next day I talked to some of the other guests at the hotel and they also had problems with the AC. In my opinion a hotel that doesn’t have a working AC should not be allowed to operate; period.

This first night struggle not only ruined the hotel experience for me, but also ruined my Belgium experience.

Date of stay: September 2019