“Most friendly waiter ever”

Sivalai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 800 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

It's not our first time that we go over there. Every time they make fresh made dishes, beautiful compiled aswell.

Not too expensive, always a happy customer.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I hesitate in being at all critical here because the man who runs this with his wife, having moved over from Bangkok three years ago, was so smiley, chatty, and friendly.

His English unsurprisingly wasn’t perfect but he had such a warm and welcoming manner.

There is the option to kick your shoes off and sit around a traditional low table, or ‘normal’ table and chairs.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with our food, nor our drinks - although I would warn against the house cocktail unless you prefer your drinks ultra strong.

The prawn and pork spring rolls were very tasty, and the Tom kah soup was also great - although had to pick out all of the lemongrass which was inedible.

Both the curries we ordered were tasty, albeit the duck was too hot for my taste.

So all good, but for me €70 is too much for a good but not exceptional Thai meal for two.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 11, 2018

I am Thai and have been to Sivalai last weekend. The food was so wonderful. It's almost authentic taste (I have to say "almost" because some ingredients cannot find in EU). We ordered 3 starters, 3 main dishes and we ate them ALL. That day I saw only one man run the restaurant so the food were served quite delayed. I recommend that you should make a reservation before arrival. Otherwise, the resautant was full. If I go to Bruges again, I will not miss Sivalai for sure!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

As a group of friends which includes vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters...the food was absolutely beautiful for everyone. If visiting Bruges again It would definitely be on my list. There was only one man serving so there was a little wait on food, but the atmosphere was so lovely that we just forgot about the wait and enjoyed our drinks. Very friendly service.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank meganwW7923OL
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Wow.This place was amazing. It took us a bit to catch it when it was open, but worth it. Easy walk from anywhere in the city. Super clean and very friendly service. The food was all fresh with excelent taste! definately worth the walk

Date of visit: May 2018