“It was ok”
Review of Molenpoort

Molenpoort
Ranked #428 of 775 Restaurants in Bruges
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Went in alone for quick dinner. Staff is ok, got food very fast before drink for which had to wait quite some time and which came half way my plate.

Ordered typical Belgian "sliptongetjes" , it was not spectacular but not bad either but the Belgian fries and tartarsauce were great.

I will not go back but check out other of these typical brasseries near "grote markt" that serve also great Belgian food.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous food and service. Mussels were the best I have ever tasted. House wine was fantastic. This restaurant is right beside the canal and the atmosphere was lovely. Sitting in the sunshine in beautiful Bruges. Do not miss.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We went as a family of 3 for lunch on a very wet day in Bruges. The restaurant was warm and welcoming with a large fire. My wife had mussels which were excellent apparently. My 4 year daughter had an ham omelette which was eaten in full so must have been good. I had the local Flemish stew and chips, which I'd rate as a 4 out of 5 as the meat wasn't tender and was over cooked in my opinion. Having eaten Flemish stew in 3 restaurants in Bruges I would rate the Molenport's as the most flavoursome sauce but let down by over cooked meat. In summary good location, service and atmosphere and 2 out of 3 good meals.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

The restaurant has a sizeable outdoor seating area right on the canal as well as a cosy indoor area with a warming fire. The food choice is excellent and well cooked. Our waiter, Serge, was very attentive, engaging and amusing. We felt the full warmth of his Belgian hospitality (and it wasn't just the open fire!)
Salmon lasagne was very light and tasty. The Pork steak was tender and served in a lovely creamy sauce. The Peperoni Pizza was light, thin and well cooked the Mussels in creamy sauce were juicy and steaming hot.
We are looking forward to our free house aperitif on our next visit Serge!!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Ate dinner here and had a really nice meal with great service. It was a welcoming place on a cold rainy evening with the fire going.
The drinks were reasonably priced and the food excellent quality - the steak was great, according to my partner and I had a shrimp in a really fragrant coconut sauce, all with the obligatory excellent chips. We just about had room to share a chocolate mousse which was so light but oh so chocolatey!
All in all a good Bruges eating experience.