1,282 results
All reviews beautiful hotel louis vuitton canal view fairy tale marble bathroom classic room belgian waffles boutique hotel tourist boats tea room standard room perfect location our honeymoon old world charm glass of champagne top floor stayed two nights
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

I have read some positive and negative reviews. All I can say is our experience was amazing. We booked a standard room and got room 35 on the 3rd floor (top floor) at the back. Our room was beautiful with a bedroom, small corridor and large separate bathroom. We had a few windows and a glimpse of the canal. The exposed timbers of the vaulted ceiling, wooden floor, large walk in shower and lovely tiles made it a quality experience.
The staff were really friendly and helpful. It was nice sitting in the outdoor area late afternoon having a drink overlooking the canal.
The breakfast would have to have been the best we had in 5 weeks of travel.
Old world charm, great service, eggs, bacon, waffles cooked to order all in the charming old room overlooking the canal. I would recommend asking them to reserve a window table for you, it is worth it. Be sure to order the waffles..
Al up s great experience.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in an ideal location less than one minutes walk to the main square. We stayed in room 25 on the second floor and it was much bigger than we had expected. The staff were all lovely and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We had breakfast one of the mornings and this was wonderful too. Would 100% recommend and we will be returning soon!

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2018

One of the best experiences I've ever had and I've been all over the world.

It has everything you want in a boutique hotel, and all the things 5-star chains can't provide:
-it has character
-a sense of history
-a truly personal touch (all the staff were great. I checked in with a wonderful lady, I believe her name was Fabrina. She was extremely helpful and friendly through out my stay. At night a wonderful gentleman (can't remember his name) brought me tea and a waffle very late at night.

The room I stayed in was on the 3rd floor and had a lot of character and ample space. The bathroom was exquisite.

Right before I posted this review I was stunned to see someone had left a negative review for this hotel. I can only assume that person is a tourist who would be better off staying in a chain hotel.

This type of hotel is for world travelers, i.e. people who want a unique experience filled with character, beauty, history and warmth.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank rajmahal1980
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights here.
Staff couldn’t do enough for us - they were great, and the only reason I didn’t rate this property as terrible. The location is good, but then, Brugge is so small that any location is good.
However, the room was laughable - about 20 sq metres; hardly enough room for our luggage (which we didn’t bother unpacking as there was very little room to put clothes); over-the-top marble-faced bathroom (which was so small that two persons couldn’t move past each other in it); and no bar fridge (although they said a portable one could have been brought in - whatever that is; we didn’t accept the offer as there was no room for it).
The building is very old. I could hear people moving around upstairs at night. The price: for the Classic room looking out over the canal, about 290 eu per night on booking.com.
Save your money. I’m sure you can get better elsewhere.

2  Thank tracy c
Reviewed May 29, 2018

My wife and I stayed here with friends over the bank holiday weekend in May this year and all of us concluded that this hotel cannot be faulted. Its location is superb, the staff friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms are quaint, spacious, clean and comfortable and the breakfasts good. Despite its very central location it is NOT noisy at all due to the careful attention the reception person gives to the door in the lobby area, only allowing guests in and not the curious general public. Stay here and you will not be disappointed- trust me!

Room tip: We stayed in the ground floor Rm.5, and although no view the suite was spacious, quiet, convenient and cool.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends