“A Really Classy B and B!”
Review of Cote Canal

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Cote Canal
Ranked #12 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2017

It was an absolute delight staying in this historical old house! Situated in a prime location (right on a canal!) it has a beautiful garden, is tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Caroline, the charming hostess, is most helpful and engaging. I stayed in the beautifully decorated suite Clin d'Oeil which was warm and very spacious, with a free-standing bath (plenty of hot water!), a comfortable bed and large windows which allow one to look out over the garden to a small stretch of canal. Caroline's good taste in soft furnishings is complemented by some stunning antiques. Breakfast was good. Cote Canal is within easy walking distance of the Burg and the Markt. I felt privileged to have been able to stay here and would definitely return if ever I find myself in Bruges again.

** Stairs to the suite I stayed in are steep, so bear this in mind when you book.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

B&B’s have been a mixed bag for me - usually I end up preferring the consistency of hotels. Cote Canal is B&B done right - beautifully maintained, professionally run, and a friendly atmosphere. It also doesn’t hurt that it’s prime real-estate, occupying one of the best spots in a gorgeous city. I’ll echo other’s comments about Caroline - she’s a pro and in her element - I learned more from her about her city in 5 minutes than I learned from any concierge on my trip. Breakfast was delicious and our room was awesome...big, beautifully furnished and immaculate. 5 stars all the way.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Great location, sweet hostess, lovely rooms. I would be happy to go back. All the rooms are large and elegant and the place is spotlessly clean. It's an opportunity to stay in a fabulous old house on a canal. Breakfast in the pretty garden was a treat, being serenaded by baby starlings and blackbirds. Heaven.

Room Tip: Suite Empire is very stylish and large.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Cote Canal was absolutely stunning, set alongside a main canal with a lush garden (where breakfast is served) overlooking the water. Our room was beautiful and spacious. Breakfasts are outstanding, and we cannot say enough about Caroline, the owner -- helpful, friendly, professional. A perfect experience in every way.

Room Tip: Not sure whether all rooms face the canal, but the view overlooking the water is beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2017

After three stays, I can say once again that I wouldn't stay anywhere else. This is a lovely, peaceful boutique bed and breakfast. As Bruges becomes more and more packed with tourists (understandable but such a shame), this quiet refuge becomes more and more essential to me. Rooms are lovely, breakfast is delicious and there is a lovely garden over looking a canal. The house, which includes the bed and breakfast, has been in Carolyn's family since the early 1900s. Can't say enough about this wonderful B & B. I'll be back!

Room Tip: I've stayed in three different rooms now and they're all lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lauriedominic
Reviewed 15 May 2017

We had a very nice stay. Location worked out great for exploring all that Bruges has to offer. Caroline will do everything she can to insure your stay is everything you expect. Others have all commented repeatedly on amenities, rooms, etc. and all was spot on for our visit. If you don't have a reserved space in her garage Caroline will direct you to the public garage. You can arrive at Cote Canal and leave your bags while you park the car. It's harder to drive there than walking back!! Wifi was not perfect - but that's not why you are there anyway.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We, a family of four, stayed at the lovely Cote Canal, over the Easter bank holiday. The bed and breakfast itself is an oasis of calm and beauty, very well hosted by its lovely owner Caroline. The location is ideal to see all the beauty of Brugge and its historical delights.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family