“a delightful escape on a snowy, cold day”
Review of Cafe Au Lait

Cafe Au Lait
Ranked #18 of 52 Dessert in Bruges
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Al 20 jaar de nummer 1 voor huisgemaakte wafels en pannenkoeken! Overheerlijke suggesties van de dag worden steeds vers bereid! Familiale karakter in een gezellige sfeer.
Reviewed December 12, 2017

On a Christmas extended break, and on a day when the weather threw just about everything at us, it was wonderful to find this venue where it was warm and welcoming. It's a spacious and delightful setting and the young ladies who serve are all very pleasant and smiling.
The menu offers plenty to whet any appetite and I couldn't resist the desert of ice cream, with advocaat and cream. I remember having this with my daughter, years ago on a previous visit. It was as good today as it was all that time ago.
We really enjoyed the venue, the warmth, the service and the drinks and snacks we selected.
A great place to a call in at any time.

1  Thank frankart_10

Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

We visited on a very snowy morning and sat on a table in the window, the manager was so friendly. I had a great hot chocolate (the best that I had in Bruges) and as the title says - perfect waffles - very light and crisp with a great choice of toppings. My partner doesn't have a sweet tooth and finds everything too sickly but he absolutely loved these waffles too! If we hadn't found this place on our last day in Bruges then we would have visited more than once. I will recommend to others and hope to come back one day!

1  Thank 482gracer
sofiedegrande, Eigenaar at Cafe Au Lait, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Thank you! See you back!

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Lovely cup of coffee and friendly personal service. A welcome break to get out of the pouring rain. Roomy tall ceiling tea room

sofiedegrande, Eigenaar at Cafe Au Lait, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Reviewed November 27, 2017

We went to have breakfast at the Cafe Au Lait and ordered coffee and waffles. The service did not leave any reason to be criticised, but the coffee was really poor (we left the cups almost full) and the waffles are really expensive, while being super light and leave you hungry. The fresh fruits on top made the waffles soft. It was pretty expensive for what it delivered,

sofiedegrande, Eigenaar at Cafe Au Lait, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

I am sorry you are disappointed but we are not expensive at all! I think you don’t know anything from the prices in Brugges..... and coffees!

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Another trip to Bruges and a visit to Cafe Au Lait is must. Possibly the best hot chocolate ever. Great food and drinks. Waffles are delicious but for me the hot chocolate with cream is a must.

sofiedegrande, Eigenaar at Cafe Au Lait, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Thanks!