“Overpriced leaves”

Ranked #240 of 779 Restaurants in Bruges
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2016

I was finding the vegetarian options in Bruges very frustrating so I was very excited to go here after reading the great reviews. The restaurant itself is very lovely and the staff were amenable and spoke good English (like everyone else in Bruges).

My boyfriend asked for a medium plate and I a small, however we were brought two small plates. We didn't want to cause a fuss so he just decided to eat it, however there was very little of substance on the (very little) plate. It was mostly salad leaves, with one vegetable ball, some rice, a couple of bits of pasta and some grated carrot and green beans being what I remember. I wouldn't have minded this so much if it were reasonably priced, however two small plates and two normal coffees came to 30 euros. This wouldn't have been so bad if it was a little more substantial, but it felt like we'd been scammed out of our money.

All in all, I was glad to have something fresh to offset the terrible vegetarian food in Bruges, but this was an extremely expensive option for what it was.

2  Thank Alice H

Reviewed February 9, 2016

We found this restaurant by mistake. From the outside you're not sure if it's a restaurant and it's easy to miss. But do not be afraid to step inside. It can get a bit crowdy, the restaurants isn't that big. But the food is amazing. First it was a bit weird because everybody seemed to be eating the same meal. And it was, there's a meal of the day and you can get small, medium or large portion. But it was so good. The soups, desserts and drinks you can choose from the menu. Of course, it was pricey, which is typical for veggie restaurants, but it was worth it. Definitely recommend

1  Thank Tjaša P
Reviewed February 1, 2016

Stunning vegetarian restaurant near to Minnewater Lake. Beautiful and welcoming decor and efficient staff. There is no menu, just a choice of small, medium or large which was really interesting. On the day we visited, the menu was salad, fresh vegetables, mushroom risotto and a quorn taco. Yum

Reviewed January 13, 2016

Think we may have caught the waitress on a bad day (I hope so) because she was extremely rude. We were given a menu with lots of things on it in Flemish but told there was just one thing on offer and that we could have a small, medium or large plate. When the waitress returned she asked in a very unfriendly manner whether we had chosen or not. When I said, confused, "what is the choice?" she angrily repeated that it was between small, medium or large plates! I was there alone with two children and couldn't believe that she would snap at a client. We left. Glad to see from the reviews that this was unusual but it was an upsetting incident on an otherwise fabulous trip.

Reviewed December 13, 2015

If you're a veggie and you're going to Bruges, then make sure that you eat here. The food is fabulous.
There's no menu as such; just a small, medium and large plate to choose from.
Looking at other reviews, things might be a bit more awkward if you have additional requirements (gluten intolerance, vegan, etc...), however, you'll have to go a long way to find better than this if you're a 'standard'; no meat, no fish veggie.