All reviews boutique hotel welcome drink overlooking the canal beautiful hotel watching the boats tour boats spa bath common areas continental breakfast definitely stay here again visit bruges again minute walk highly recommend this hotel perfect stay thoroughly enjoyed our stay location is ideal stayed two nights
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Problem with falling into the 'boutique hotel' trap is that once you start, you can't stop, and of course you keep finding new gems like this one in Bruges, Belgium.. Frederick and company were incredibly gracious, the breakfast & high tea was awesome and delicious, rooms terrific, and service impeccable. All in a gorgeous classic mansion right on the canal. Not inexpensive by any means, but you get what you pay for. Absolutely would return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

From the second we checked in, we were warmly greeted by EVA, the best of the best when it comes to reception! Venturing out in the rain, she helped us park, brought us an umbrella and helped with the bags. When the room wasn’t ready, she sat with us and told us about the city and all of the highlights as well as the history of the hotel. We had a few hiccups with our stay, but all were addressed promptly and professionally. We slept through breakfast in our comfortable bed, so I can’t comment on the quality, but I’m sure it’s as wonderful as everything else.

The building is beautiful as the location is quiet while still being close to the city center. Largest parking spaces we’ve seen on this trip!

I can’t say enough about Eva, though. She made our stay more perfect, if that’s possible. Even when my forgetful husband misplaced the name of a restaurant, she answered a call on her off time to let us know which one of the 20 they had agreed upon the previous night. Eva is everywhere at all times. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2017

The owners have created a luxurious and relaxing ambiance. The hotel is located in a quiet part of town yet still within easy walking distance of everywhere you would want to visit. Our room overlooked a lovely canal as does the large terrace where you can breakfast or have afternoon tea. All staff are dedicated to ensuring your stay exceeds expectations.

We intend to return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Visiting Bruges for the first time since my initial visit in 1999 was the fulfillment of a promise to my wife to take her to this most beautiful city. It lived up to my memories and exceeded her expectations. And playing a crucial role in our enjoyment was the Van Cleef. We had a spacious, airy corner suite overlooking the canal, opening the curtains every morning to a parade of swans on the waterway below. My wife and I are still sighing. Frederick, his family and staff were the most hospitable and helpful of hosts. The ambiance and decor of the Van Cleef are all class, down to the finest detail. Spotlessly clean. Superbly located. Splendid breakfast. My one regret is that I can give the Van Cleef only five stars. It deserves more. We shall return.

Room Tip: We had suite #3 ... superb!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2017

My partner and I stayed at the Van Cleef for 3 nights in September as a belated birthday present. From the moment we arrived everything was perfect. They kindly upgraded us to a duplex suite which was beautiful, gave him a little. We had a lovely afternoon tea and drinks on the terrace, it was wonderful ... There are so many lovely little touches around the hotel that make the place special. The hospitality and friendliness of the staff is second to none - just wish we were back there now ... Bruges is stunning and The Van Cleef Hotel is the perfect accompaniment to such a beautiful city - I'd return in a heartbeat.

Thanks to everyone at The Van Cleef for a truly memorable stay x