All reviews holiday rental washing machine lovely apartment thought of everything on arrival secure parking enjoyed our stay the main square annie supermarket fridge furnishings hosts centre gate battlefield
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We booked " The charming Poppy", following the reccommendation of friends , via the internet web site. This was carried out very quickly with no hassle, we also recieved an email a couple of days before our travel confirming the booking and wishing us a good journey. We were met on arrival by the friendly owners, Annie & Roger who explained the layout / equipment of the apartment, together with details of the included off street parking (secure garage)
The apartment is very well equiped, LCD TV /cable tv/ wireless internet access/ DVD /CD player. There is even cake chocholate and beer as a welcome gift.
The accomodation is of a very high standard and the location is very central to the town with its museum, attractions and bars.
When we return to Ieper, we will be staying at The Charming Poppy.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed at "The Charming Poppy" for two weeks. This apartment has ALL of the conveniences anyone could want. It is completely furnished with everything one would find in their own home. The furniture was extremely comfortable as was the bed. We slept so wonderfully and felt so much at home. Roger and Annie were the best! We were welcomed with chocolate and beer. They were so friendly and accomodating.

Everything is within walking distance from shops to restaurants to a nice stroll on the ramparts. This was such a quiet neighborhood and very pleasant neighbors. Everyone was so nice. I only wish we could have stayed much longer. I was becoming attached to the apartment. Very cozy, yet very elegant.

I can't wait until we come back...............I know where we will stay! This is the best place.
I love to cook and entertain and "The Charming Poppy" allowed me to do this for our friends in Belgium.

I would defintely recommend this to anyone. I DON'T know how anyone could give this place a bad name.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank memeMt_Airy
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Our stay at the charming poppy couldn’t have been better, roger and Anne couldn’t have been more helpful, the apartment is fully equipt with everything you could want, the location is 10 min walk from the grotte mrkt, menin gate 15 min walk, all around the poppy there are bars shops, it is ideally situated for either the battlefields or the coast,
I read the 1st review and thought omg but honest everything we have said is true

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I am staying at Charming Poppy at the moment and it is in excellent condition and spotlessly clean. Roger and Annie were very helpful when we arrived and told us if we had and questions, to give them a phone call. The apartment is finished to a high standard with all mod con's. The street is quiet and has parking. I have the use of a secure covered garage a few streets away included in the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2009

On our visit to Ypres, because there were 3 of us, we decided to stay in an apartment. What a wonderful choice! I researched it on the net and was not disappointed. It was large and spacious with all the modern ammenities and a 5minute walk to shops and Menin Gate. The owners/hosts, Roger and Annie picked us up at the train station and drove us to the apartment which was 100 yards down the road. Once inside, there was complimentary Belgium chocolates on the table and cold Belgian beer in the fridge!
The Post Office was a block away and also a wonderful bakery.
Also, inside the apartment was old World War 1 memorabilia.
It is well worth the stay instead of the usual B&B or hotel.
Thoroughly recommended
Also, whilest in Ypres, we did a Flanders Battlefield Tour which was excellent. The driver, Jack was a wonderful historian and this mini bus tour was one of the highlights of our trip to Europe.
Certainly not to be missed.

1  Thank dac55