All reviews holiday rental washing machine lovely apartment thought of everything on arrival secure parking enjoyed our stay the main square annie supermarket fridge furnishings hosts centre gate battlefield
Reviewed June 17, 2018

I have been mostly staying in hotels for the past month and this spacious apartment made a nice change. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well every night. The Wi-Fi worked well. I especially appreciated the washing machine and the opportunity to catch up with my laundry. Note that one can not enter and exit the apartment directly from the front door onto the street as the door can not be unlocked from the outside. Instead, one has to make use of as many as 4 other doors and multiple keys while navigating a confusing maze. I solved that problem by placing colored Post-It Notes on the doors that I needed to open. There are two very good bakeries that open early in the morning on the street behind the apartment. I did not use the indoor parking garage as I found it difficult to locate. It you return to the apartment after 6 PM you can park free across the street. The Charming Poppy is an excellent base for battlefield visits.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2018

an excellent place to stay in Ypres , brilliant location quite but very close to the main square. very well equipped, everything you could possible need. and as for the host's 5 stars are not nearly enough, kind, caring, informative .the perfect host . they are a credit to Ypres and to Belgium.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank addshackel
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Well, I can't praise this place enough. A fantastic welcome from our hosts, Annie and Roger who could not be more friendly and helpful.

The apartment is on a peaceful but wide road with ample parking outside as well as free use of a private parking garage only a short walk away. Ypres town centre is also a short walk away making this the ideal place for people wanting to eat in the centre of the town and not have the inconvenience of a drive afterwards.

The furnishings are that of a home not a holiday rental. You immediately feel warm and comfortable, the complimentary water and beer in the fridge on arrival are a great touch for those who arrive in Ypres in need of instant refreshment.

The apartment has everything you could want for if you are self catering, including a bakery just down the street.

On check out our hosts, were on hand once again to give us a final farewell.

There are not enough stars on the rating system to show how great this Charming little place is. As regular visitors to Ypres we will return to Charming Poppy time and time again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Jamie L
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely apartment situated only a short walk away from the main square. We found everything spotlessly clean, and very well appointed. There was even a beer and soft drink in the fridge on our arrival.

The secure parking that is included in the price is a real bonus as we've found Ypres can get very busy.

Our hosts met us on arrival, and couldn't have been more helpful.

I would certainly recommend, and will stay there again the next time I visit Ypres.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely excellent apartment, everything you could possibly need for your stay. We came on our motorbikes and had secure parking which was free. We will definitely be coming back, it's just a short walk into town and the menine gate.
We were greeted with waffles, chocolates and beer which was lovely especially after a long trip.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple