See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 25, 2016

Stayed at this beautiful hotel yesterday (Saturday 24th September 2016) as we were eating in the amazing 2 star Michelin Restaurant which is a few hundred metres down the road (celebrating my partner's mother's birthday might I add).

We stayed in room "M" which was beautiful, the bed was massive, with soft and comfortable linen and pillows. The bathroom was very big, very modern, and very clean. It had a huge walk-in shower, and a full sized bath tub... Shame I didn't get to use the bath tub!

The room was lovely, unlike a normal hotel and or B&B there isn't a reception area. However, the owners were always close by.

Breakfast was... so delicious... just like the dinner we had the night before. Everything looked amazing, artistic in way. I felt a bit sad that I was eating it. From the fruit salad to the eggs, bread and selection of cold meats and cheese, it was divine. Truly Michelin worthy!

The only thing I disliked about the room in general was the floor, it was a bit rough on the feet.

Overall, if you're looking for a really charming B&B with luxury and delicious foods. You MUST try this place out! It's definitely worth the money. Me and my partner will be returning in the new year, it was that good!

Room tip: Get Room S or M!
Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed June 5, 2016

This hotel only has 4 rooms, but serves Michelin breakfasts. It also has a Michelin restaurant nearby. We don't do breakfasts and were not interested in the restaurant. We wanted to see Yepes. We visited the German trenches, also Passendale trenches. Both well worth a visit. Also visited the Cloth Museum in Yepes who also has a brilliant and moving display. We also went to Tyne City cemetery and were there for the 8pm Laxt Post at the Mennan Gate. If I could complain about anything it would be that there was no kettle in the room which meant going to the breakfast room to make one. Pity.

Room tip: I don't think there is any difference between rooms as there are so few.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2015

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business. While its a drive from the center of Ypres it was located perfect for my business visit.
The room I stayed in was super modern , very comfortable and very clean. Lots of attention to detail such as a mini bar and a nice box of chocolates left on the bed.
The bathroom was amazing, with top quality shower gel and shampoo to use. No expense spared.

Breakfast was also very good. It was more of a culinary experience than just breakfast. with lots of home made jams, pates. Local charcuterie. Very good coffee.
I would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2015

Modern, clean, handy for Ypres and breakfast is incredible. Having dined in their restaurant 400m down the road the night before, I didn't think I could manage a breakfast. Amazing charcuterie, cheeses, breads, pastries, eggs and the fresh fruit & yoghurt - well if there was such a thing as a 2 star Michelin breakfast, this is it.

Definitely worth dining at the restaurant if you want a culinary experience.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We booked a room in Hotel Nicolas because we had dinner in the Hostellerie St-Nicolas. Dinner was sublime by the way.
The chef and his wife run the hotel.
The 4 rooms are situated in a villa, a few hundred metres away from the restaurant.
The rooms are very spacious, modern, have large bathroom with gorgeous bathtub and shower.
Each room has a nice terrace with view on the garden.
Breakfast is served by the lady of the house. She gives explanation on what is served (all local and fresh products). The breakfast dishes are small pieces of art; prepared and presented in style. I never had a better breakfast before!
I can highly recommend this hotel to everyone. For the culinary aspect and perfect service of course, but also for the region : visiting the town of Ypres, cycling or hiking in the Ypres region ("Westhoek) or in North of France

Date of stay: June 2014