All reviews his knowledge drinking beer very nice continental breakfast brilliant place to stay the main square spent nights from australia cloth hall battle field warm welcome the perfect host on display side street b and b easy parking fantastic location boiled eggs
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Brilliant place to stay. Andre the owner, is very knowledgeable and passion for WW1 is inspiring. Hospitality is amazing. Really good breakfast to set you up for day. Would definitely recommend this place

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Andre just gets it. His passion for ww1 and his hosting make for a seamless and memorable stay. Take his tour! And, he has great nose for beer. Make sure he reserves a table at Het Moment. Additionally, Ypres is cool.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a weekend here with friends we booked both rooms. Both spotlessly clean, clean is the second thing that gets you when you arrive. The first is Andre, he is just awesome, his friendliness is as amazing as his B and B. His collections of all things, his knowledge, his wanting you to have the best time, Andre makes the place and as many have said is the perfect host. Our room was quiet and very clean, the lounge and dining area are amazing. Two min walk to the main square. 5 mins to the gate for the last post. Recommendations for places to eat and late night drinks on return. We could not find one fault with this full of character location. Can’t wait to return and wish to pass our thanks onto Andre for personally wanting our weekend to be the best it was. It annoys me just two people have left not happy reviews as this is what people read. Just ignore them, it’s brilliant!! Thank you again for a wonderful weekend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
andre v, Eigenaar at WW1 musem-B&B The Dugout, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear Stuart,

Thank you very much for your kind comment, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay so much and I'm already looking forward to your next visit!
As for the two negative reviews, I didn't even bother to respond to them as they are so very obviously a load of sheer nonsense.
The day after their 10-hour tour (two hours longer than the usual duration and with a complimentary 1.5-hour drive well into France to visit a relative's grave) I received the following email:

"Dear Andre

Thanks again for yesterday's tour it was a great day!
I am thinking of sending a photograph of our visit (to great uncle Evan's grave) to some of my other relatives. I would be grateful if you could send, via email, me the photo that you took of my brother and sister and I at the grave stone.
Thanks again

Regards
Andrew"

It was not until a week later his sister emailed me demanding a refund, stating:

" I believe we were inadvertently over charged for the tour agreed upon. We did receive the standard tour and a visit to the Robeco Road cemetery, (210.00 Euros for three people). We were charged for an extended tour (360.00 Euros for three people)."

The "Standard Tour" has a duration of only 4-5 hours so this "claim" was, in my humble opinion, not a valid one.
Both she and her brother then placed a review with the most insane accusations on Tripadvisor.
I'm fully confident any reader will look right through their vile remarks and I honestly think they missed out on a career as writers.
They would have excelled in the "fantasy" genre...
It goes without saying I informed every single tour operator in or around Ypres about them just to protect my fellow tour-guides from any negative experience with this family.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

My wife and 14 month old baby stayed here for one night. Andre was a wonderful host and had an incredible knowledge of the First World War, which he was happy to share. It was a real highlight of our holiday to be in his company. The place was spotless and had lots of fascinating relics. We stayed in the poet’s room, which was filled with interesting bits to read. Could have spent a lot longer there and exploring the area. The location was perfect, just a couple of minutes to the beautiful main square and the Menin gate. Parking was easy and free. Breakfast was lovely and plentiful, even for our hungry toddler too. Andre was happy to share a beer and even gave me some Belgian beer glasses to take home as a souvenir. We hope to be back before too long to learn more about a fascinating and tragic period of history. Thanks Andre, you’re a wonderful host.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Great location, Andre is a great host, good brekkie to start the day and if WW1 is your thing then don’t stay anywhere else.
Easy parking, amazing array of artefacts, a truly great find and right near the cloth hall and Menin Gate

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family