“Authentic Mexican food in the land of comida Tica.”
Review of La Fonda Azteca

La Fonda Azteca
Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Curridabat
Price range: US$3,600 - US$16,300
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 April 2017

After several months of eating local Costa Rican dishes, I was jonesing for authentic Mexican food. While I've spent nearly six months in mainland Mexico savoring local eateries, my Mexican palate has been seasoned by decades of Mexican restaurants in San Diego and some Tex-Mex in Texas. I was a bit skeptical about the flavor of the food, but after looking over the menu and seeing the photographs of what appeared to be the real deal, I knew that La Fonda Azteca would be my choice of restaurant for the evening. Since the birthday being celebrated was of yours truly, it was my turn to pick the eating establishment. I was pleased to see that the photographs were realized in detail before our very eyes when the waiter brought our meal. The question then became would the flavor be as appealing as the display on our plates or was it all show? One bite was all it took to confirm that this place was legit. As a couple, we ordered a platter for two, which had a nice selection of beef, pork and chicken accompanied by re-fried beans, cheese fondue, pico de gallo (not gallo pinto), sliced lettuce, avocado slices and both corn and flour tortillas. The meats were each cooked in a different manner with different spices, so the variety was a real treat. The tortilla chips were the US restaurant type (not the extra-thick CR type) and the dipping salsas were three different types that are sure to satisfy aficionados. We had very good service, which may have been the result of a slow Sunday night with only 1/3 capacity.

This review is for La Fonda Azteca at Centro Comercial Momentum in Curridabat, Costa Rica.

Alejandromg10, Gerente at La Fonda Azteca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Thank you very much for your review we are really pleased to read in detail how was your experience and you are very welcome again to come back to La Fonda Azteca and try other authentic mexican dishes. Thank you very much again!

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

My review is for the venue located in Terrazas Lindora, Santa Ana. From my point of view this restaurante represents in a serious and professional way the true Mexican cuisine. For starters it is the only one I know that serves Sopes in Costa Rica. The sauces, textures and flavors are on the top best I had in this country. The ratio service-price is very well balanced. Waiters are attentive and quick. Very recommended.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Life music, good Mexican based food and a good service will allow you to enjoy the occasion. Their menu offers an enormous variety of dishes which makes it a "hard time" for you to decide. Enjoy.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

We went to the movies in a new mall called terrazas lindora. This restaurant had just opened and we decided to try it out. The food was very good and at a great price. It was a bit, but since it just opened we understood. A good place to tryout.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

First, place is quiant, clean and friendly staff. Immediately upon sitting, chips & salsa!!! The green salsa qas spicey and great flavor. Ordered a Margarita, good as can be and needed more tequila. im a hard core tequila drinker so for me light. I ordered Mole Deshaedo, tlapeño soup and i must very delicious...flavorful. Being mexican, this place was amazing!