“Wonderful, nourishing food prepared with care”

Restaurante Salsa Verde
Ranked #16 of 290 Restaurants in Evora
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2018

I liked this place so much I went back three times in two days! I was seriously craving veggies after four weeks in meat-and-potato-heavy Spain and Portugal. If I lived in Évora I would come here all the time.

The main draw is the lovely vegetarian buffet for both lunch and dinner, but it's also possible to order off the menu. The buffet has both hot and cold dishes and changes with each meal, so lunch and dinner have different options. You can pay by weight or fill a smaller plate for €4.95 (the smaller plate was plenty for me). I appreciated the restaurant’s efforts to create veggie versions of traditional Alentejo dishes like migas. The hot dishes are labeled so you know what you’re getting. The owner is super helpful and speaks good English. A selection of two delicious fresh juices, a soup of the day, coffee, and some very nice desserts are also available for an extra charge. You bus your own tray at the end of the meal.

Very comfortable place for solo female travelers; I noticed a number of women dining alone. For even more peace and privacy, check out the spacious back room.

Reviewed May 17, 2018

Buffet style - pay by weigh - the owner very kind man.
Close quit early - better check before the schedule.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

My husband chose this restaurant from TA Near Me Now without realizing it was a vegetarian restaurant. He is quite the carnivore. It is a cafeteria with many, many options. You can purchase your meal by the kilogram or fill a plate. We chose the fill a plate option which only cost 4.95 euros each. We do not eat wheat so the large number of gluten free options was wonderful. I cannot tell you what we ate. We sampled pretty much everything that did not contain wheat and it was all good. The proprietor was really helpful and patient with explaining the dishes and what we could and could not eat comfortably. It made a really nice change from all the Portuguese pork that we enjoyed for so many meals. I recommend it highly.

1  Thank solomon5
Reviewed March 22, 2018

The food here is fantastic - much of it vegan - extremely tasty and lots of choice. You serve yourself and then the food is weighed and you pay by price. It was excellent value (we couldn’t believe how cheap it was) - you really can pile up your plate without worrying what it will cost. Desserts were delicious and the wine very good. We went back twice in our short stay, having both lunch and dinner there. The person who served us each time we went was helpful and friendly.

2  Thank Helen S
Reviewed March 14, 2018

Organised, funtional and well displayed trays with lovely presented and identified food.
Self-service was excelent with several options of plate size and by weight.
Various drinks available including wine. Dining room has quite large tables sitting four and a high ceiling that provides lot of light coming in from tall windows. The best of course is food taste specially brocolli but also cauli-flower crumbs and mushrooms just to mention a few .

1  Thank Pedro C