“First meal in Portugal ”

Marisqueira "O Farol"
Ranked #16 of 292 Restaurants in Evora
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Dining at O Farol was like living a dream
The ambience is fun , relaxing , we were greeted by the owner Carlos when we arrived, we let Carlos surprise us with choosing the items from the tapas menu, every single dish was better than the next, the selection of wines is amazing. We are in Portugal for a week and it's going to be hard to top this place
Service is also amazing at this family run restaurant, if you are in Evora, don't miss it

1  Thank Lekha T

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Greeted by Carlos, and we were quickly made to feel "at home." Carlos suggested a simple tapas meal and even brought me in the back to select the wine (a reasonable 12 euro bottle of white). The meal was outstanding...but I won't say more. This is a place to be "discovered." Enjoy!

1  Thank Herman T
Reviewed May 23, 2017

We had a late night meal in Farol during a one-day stop in Evora. The place is charming, as is the personnel, good advice, and good food. Even if there are many tourists there, I would not class it as a "tourist place".

Reviewed May 17, 2017

This was by far the best restaurant my husband and I ate at while visiting Portugal, and possibly the best meal we have both ever eaten. We found this restaurant while walking around and almost passed right by it.

We had olives, bread, cheese, clams, mussels, garlic prawns, fresh oysters, and deep fried oysters. The sauces in the dishes that had sauces were amazing and really complimented the seafood. The clams were my favourite dish and were seasoned with garlic and cilantro. The mussels were a close second and the tomato sauce they were in was very tasty. The prawns were cooked for the perfect amount of time and almost melted in your mouth. I haven't ever eaten oysters before and didn't think I would enjoy them at all but I was pleasantly surprised by both the fresh and deep fried versions.
Our dessert consisted of three types of cakes and they were all heavenly. We finished the meal with delicious cappuccinos. They also had a very good selection of wine, and everything was very well priced. The restaurant had a great atmosphere and was very clean and professional.
The server was very friendly! The manager/owner was also serving tables and occasionally checked on us to make sure we were enjoying our meal. The manager and server even shook hands with us and other guests as we were leaving the restaurant. Needless to say, we were both very impressed.
I highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you like seafood. All other meals we had while in Portugal didn't compare to how good our dinner was here.

2  Thank Tayler H
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

We had a set of various seafood and it was just awesome! Very fresh and tasty cooked. Must visit this place!

2  Thank Jack I