Myself and my family visited this hotel in May, the rooms were perfect for a self catering basis - lovely and spacious, modern and clean. They have everything you need, the kitchen comes in very handy if you can't be bothered to go out, comes with all the equipment. Towels, toilet roll etc were replaced everyday which we were not expecting. The balcony was huge with sun beds and table & chairs so you could always sit and relax in your rooms as well as by the pool.
The outside pool was big but very cold, probably as it wasnt quite their summer season just yet. We had a couple of outcast/rainy days so the indoor pool also came in handy which was also warmer than the outside pool. The kids pool looked great although we dont have any young children but would be perfect if you did.
We didnt try the buffet restaurant as the menu looked very limited however, we did eat in the snack bar in alfagar I which was nice enough wouldnt say it was amazing though. Also did snack food at the bar by the pool which were also good for lunch times.
We ate out most nights either in Albufeira or Ochios which we found some lovely restaurants so do take a walk or get a taxi to find these. The walk either way is approx 15-20mins which was perfect in the evenings however the taxi would roughly cost 4-5 euros.
The only downside to the hotel is that it is advertised as if it is on the beach when actually you have to walk down the cliff side steps to get there which isnt the easiest of walks in the heat, however the beach is beautiful once you get there. You can alsoo access it via the road but we didnt go that way.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you dont mind a walk to the other towns, otherwise in Balaia there isnt a lot to do, if you dont fancy walking then a taxi is cheap enough and takes about 5 mins max. The hotel itself is lovely and clean, modern and very friendly. I would stay here again as it is great value for money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve